We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money???

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money???

Me and my boyfriend are due to visit Khao Lak in April 2015 for two weeks for the first time. We have booked a bed and breakfast hotel as we're keen to try local restaurants and do a few excursions whilst there (3-4: elephant trekking, visiting the national park etc). We were wondering how much spending money should we take with us to allow us to comfortably enjoy and explore the area?

Any guide is appreciated! :)

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,040 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money???

If you're planning to take cash to change once you're there, I would take maybe £1500, & have ATM/credit cards to use if any extra money is required.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money???

Taking Jay's suggested £1500 for 14 days wprks out at about 5800 baht per day, taking this previous topic which gives average cost of meals tripadvisor.co.uk/…54560953 you will see that you will have more than enough to cover them and drinks afterwards and comfortably to cover tours at an average 2500 baht per person per tour and some shopping.

Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money???

Last year we stayed in Phuket for 2 weeks bed and breakfast. We took £1100 and had plenty, we did 3 trips, visited the night markets and bought gifts, even had a tailor made suit made and 2 shirts and I visited the spa several times. We just spent the full £1100 but could have saved if tried. We plan to take same amount this year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money???

we took £100 a day last year and it was plenty. We were b&b as well but still had enough for lunch, dinner, massages every day, excursions and enough to sit in a bar until 2am most nights.

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money???

thanks for the replies.... they have been really useful... time to get saving and get excited for hollibobs!!! :)

6. Re: How much spending money???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations