We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

Hello, we are in KL now and am looking for a great and reputable tour that takes in some of the jungle scenery, maybe a waterfall and some rafting etc either in khao lak or khao sok but they all seem to have a elephant trek included which I don't want to do, can anyone recommend or suggest a suitable tour ?

I did find one run by khao lak vista, a half day which inc some rafting down a creek but didn't appear to see very much as it's only a short trip...

Thank you

Roosendaal, The...
Level Contributor
115 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

Khao Lak Land Discovery has 1 tour in Khao Sok which does not include elphant riding:

- Khao Sok Cheow Lan Lake 2D/1N

See http://www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/khaosok/

I used this tour company myself (not on the tours mentioned), and they were very good.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 10:27
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

Try Boss, he will tailor a tour to what you want

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

Green Andaman Travel at http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ or for a personalised guided your contact Lora of Dior Travel at diorkhaolak@yahoo.co.th, her tour shop is on the Bang Niang Beach Road just before the Rusty Pelican.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
184 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

We recently did a Khao Sok day trip (no elephants) with Green Andaman Travel and would recommend it. We joined a tour which already had four people attending so could not personalise it. The cost was 3,600 Baht per person. If you book a private tour, I understand you can add in a trek which includes a waterfall.

South Australia
Level Contributor
352 posts
162 reviews
5. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

We also did one excluding elephants but through the Andaman restaurant on beach out front of JWM.

Very difficult to find a tour with no elephant rides that would run with two persons generally but the guy here organised on phone for us at less than list price in his brochure.

Cost 2,000 THB each and consisted of a hike through the park along a path up to waterfall, lunch, inflatable canoe ride down river (tough on the paddler because of low water), drinks and guide. Only us doing it but was provided by a third party coy on main street of town whose name escapes me. Green Andaman wouldn't take us as only two persons without significant price penalty, but we quite enjoyed our day in the Park.

6. Re: Khao lak/ khao sok tour that doesn't inc elephant trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak