We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Hello all you Khao Lak lovers ... Would love to know why you all love The Ramada . Is it because of position or a lovely resort ? Is it close to your favourite eating places or a bit of shopping ? I have never been to this area and was thinking I would next time , your thoughts would be so helpful . Thankyou in advance .

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Location is good, right on the beach, close to beach cafes and other great cafes close by. 3 day a week local market - just check the reviews its always in the top 5 hotels in KL.

Great deal on Cudo for another day:

…cudo.com.au/option-1-spa-heaven-on-earth-pa…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
186 reviews
2. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

we have just booked for Chong Fah based on the great reviews. Hoping that is good. is it easy to get around from that location. We also looked at Fanari Seafront but just can't work out the distance to shops, restaurants etc.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Pandora

The Ramada is an excellent resort and everything that you describe. See Pics at https:/…

Millsie

The Chong Fah is a smaller resort set overlooking Bang Niang Beach about 400 metres north of the Ramada but sharing same easy access to the many restaurants, bars, shops and Bang Niang Market, that th Ramada enjoys The Fanari is a few minutes walk further along the beach from the Chong Fah. See latest maps of Khao Lak including Bang Niang at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

If you have any further questions not related to th Ramada could you please add them to an existing related topic or start another on.

Cheers.

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Stayed at the Ramada last year..perfect...wish I was there now !!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

We returned form the Ramada just 2 days ago. It is a wonderful resort situated on a lovely quiet beach.

There are many restaurants all within easy walking distance. Even though they are entering green season, plenty were still open. I wish we could have tried them all! Shops/money exchange/taxi/massage etc all just outside the resort.

The Ramada staff are always smiling and happy and make sure you want for nothing. They keep the place spotless. The pool is amazing and the pool staff make sure you are having a good time with activities and "Happy Hours" at what I think to be reasonable prices. It is spacious so I think even in peak times it would not seem crowded. You can even borrow bikes from there and cycle your way around which you can do easily and safely. I can see why they have 95% rating on TA :)

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Thanks to you all so far . Kellie G nice that you have just been and your experience with them is great ,nice to hear first hand !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

Thank you for this information. We have just booked a "luxury escape" to the Ramada and was wondering what the surrounds were like, hence looking at this forum. We just have to decide when we are going to come but are looking at April 2015.

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

If you go to the link in my reply #3 you will see pics from last High Season of Bang Niang Beach where the Ramada is located. If you look at the maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and in particular this one of Bang Niang walagata.com/w/…Bang_Niang_October_2013.jpg you will see the surroundings of the Ramada and how well placed it is for all the restaurants, bars, little shops ans main three days a week market.

9. Re: The Ramada Khao Lak ..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 09:45