We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

We have requested a balcony room for our stay rather than pool access. I see on the photos that not all balcony rooms have the extended seat which I really love the look of. Does anyone know how I can guarantee we get one?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

The majority of rooms have balconies with the extended seat so you should have no problems getting one. Contact the resort and request one. They will not guarantee it though. It will, as usual with most hotel reservations, be subject to availability. I did this to get a pool access room in a particular block and my request was noted and honoured on arrival. You may wish to consider at the same time requesting which Block and whether facing south to get sun virtually all day (but very hot at its peak) or north to get shade. None of the rooms are direct sea facing. This site map may help www.walagata.com/view.php?file=JWM_Map.jpeg

The Email I used was to JWM, Khao Lak Thailand Sales Manager 2, mhrs.hktkl.sales.mgr2@marriotthotels.com

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

Many thanks. We have already requested block 1 from memory - is that OK? Wanted it away from kids. We are there end September after going to Singapore GP. So I guess I should just add the request the balcony seat also - do you agree? I appreciate your help here. Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

Block I is furthest away from family area and I would request balcony seat but I'm pretty sure thyey all have them in that block. It was the original block and the balcony seats were one of the special features of the resort.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

Many thanks. Good news and I'll check anyway. Cheers, Kath

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

We noted in our recent stay that the balcony seats are slowly being removed and replaced with standard balustrades. It would appear that the weather is not all that kind to the wood, given that they are largely unprotected. We watched three being removed during our stay (Block 3). Notwithstanding, there are still plenty of balconies around with them so make sure you reinforce your request for a room with one.

Have a great stay, awesome hotel!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

I've just booked 2 weeks at the Marriott for mid-November and will be taking my mother (60 but very able-bodied). Could anyone please suggest which block would be the best for us, ideally, it would be away from busy, families and nearer to the beach?

Any of your recommendations would be gratefully appreciated

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

Family accommodation is top half of Blocks 3 and 4, so best accommodation in your circumstances to meet your preferences would be bottom half of Blocks 1 & 3 which face south, so get sun all day and bottom of Blocks 2 & 4 which face north and get shade and so are cooler.

8. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak - balcony rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak