We are due to visit Khao Lak from end of May and have already found this forum very, very useful. Now that our trip is fast approaching, we would like specific feedback/advice in relation to:
1. What is the current weather like; do you have any advice for things to do in Khao Lak when it is wet??
2. We will be staying at the La Flora Resort and Spa.
Are there any supermarkets located nearby? Would you advise stocking up on some alcohol in the supermarkets or in the airport on landing? How much can we expect to pay should we decide to dine in at the hotel? Can you recommend any nice restaurants close by? We like to eat a variety of different foods e.g. Mexican, Italian, Thai and not necessarily the same food every night. Has anyone had experience of using the Spa; I like the idea of maybe having a treatment on a wet afternoon??
3. We like the idea of doing a couple of trips and would welcome any reviews/feedback from others that have done the same:
- James Bond Island and sea cave canoe
- Three temple tour
- Elephant trekking and waterfall
Generally I don’t travel particularly well on water; due to the time of year we are visiting, I am likely to experience travel sickness when doing for example the James Bond Island trip?
Are there any other must do experiences in Khao Lak, we don't want to miss out on an opportunity as we don't usually visit the same place twice!
4. What types of souvenirs can we expect to find in the markets etc; we are not really interested in fake items, but like the idea of authentic things for the home as well as maybe a nice photo album to store the photo snaps which we look back on in year to come!!
I think that is all for now; thanking you in anticipation!!