We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Khoa Lak Mini Golf

My family and I are headed for Khoa Lak in two weeks time staying at the Ramada Resort (getting excited)!! I read somewhere that the Mini Golf course is closed in May, can someone please confirm if this is true?

I have read the FAQ but if anyone can offer any other advice/suggestions for us first timers it would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance. :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

The Mini Golf has changed ownership and I believe is up for sale again. I'll find out current position and post back. A trip to see the turtles at Tab Lamu woukld be enjoyable for a family. A canoe ride, called Little Amazon, north of Khao Lak is also a good experience.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

The Mini Golf was still open two days ago but previous owner does not know whether it will stay open from May onwards.

If you go past the Mini Golf it takes you to Chong Fah Waterfall but it is a fair walk from the highway to the base of the waterfall. You also need if going up the paths to the higher levels if it has been raining as they get very slippery.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Thank you for looking into this for me Arandora .I guess we will just have to check it out for ourselves. I know Ramada has bicycles we can use so if not too far, we can perhaps go for a ride and see the waterfall? I will make sure to pack some sturdy footwear just in case. (Fingers crossed the weather is nice for us :) I am sure the turtles and canoe ride will be a hit!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Bikes are a great idea but take plenty of water in the heat and humidity.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Just off topic Arandora. Can you recommend any excellent seafood restaurants in the area? We celebrate our anniversary whilst away so not fussed about cost. Tia.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Just off topic Arandora. Can you recommend any excellent seafood restaurants in the area? We celebrate our anniversary whilst away so not fussed about cost. Tia.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Assuming these are open, In Bang Niang we find Lucky Seafood on the beach road particularly good with a selection of crab, tiger prawn, snapper and often lobster though if you want lobster I would call in beforehand and order it to ensure you get it when you want. Also just up from Lucky, Sawasdee is very good too. In Bang La On Khao Lak Seafood is always, we find, very good and dining upstairs overlooking the highway a nice spot. Smile has a very nice seafood special with usually a big blue marlin steak in the Chef's special sauce and tiger or river prawns to order.

For fine (expensive) dining Amici, attached to the Monochrome Resort at the end of the road from the Ramada offers fish dishes, Italian style and not to forget Sashi's in the Ramada which is beachfront and you can organise a private dinner on the beach too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

Decisions decisions. .lobster is a favorite and a luxury so will check out for sure. I think we may just try out all the options you have given. Thanks so much. .looking forward to 9 days of fine food :)

9. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 02:35
Edited: 04 May 2014, 02:35
10. Re: Khoa Lak Mini Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations