We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao lak.....decisions decisions??

glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
khao lak.....decisions decisions??

Hi there just needing some tips on this area and if its worthwhile for a 2 week stay.

As off tomorrow I am walking into a travel agents and paying a deposit sooo no goin back 😁.

Been looking at the aspara hotel and spa to stay?? Is this place worth a visit?? Or any other nice hotels in the area. I have been to thailand before, Few of the islands plus few days in bangkok and phuket so was looking just to stay somewhere bit different and relax.

My dates would b last end of October going into 1st week nov.

Also looked at the area cha-am and hua hin. Any tips and suggestions would b great thank u

lisa xx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
814 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

hi it looks like everyone with tips on this forum has gone to bed, i asked question also about aspara and cape panwa no replys could really do with some info

glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

I know on checking aspara it has got some great reviews so I'm not doubting the hotel itself more of the area and if there is enough to do in a 2 week stay.

so many places in thailand its do hard to pick just one area x

Edited: 25 April 2014, 02:40
Brynmawr, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

We go in November. Had originally booked the apsara but changed to the khao lak oriental. This was for no other reason than location as apsara looks fab. It was a really difficult decision. Sorry but probably no help lol.

Kerrie

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,766 posts
383 reviews
4. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

Crikey - 7 duplicate posts for khao lak.....decisions decisions?? and then 2 fro the khao lak post.

I know how easy it is to do with a smart-phone or tablet. To remove duplicate posting click on Report inappropriate content, scroll down and click on remove my post. It will then be removed. Only you or TA can remove your own duplicate posting, although anyone can do this and select duplicate post

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

Richiegal

Instead of heading to a travel agent in the morning I'd suggest booking everything on your own. So simple and potentially good savings to be made.

Book flights to Phuket and hotels from one of several websites and get Boss to taxi you to Khao Lak.

Kind regards

jim

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

richiegal and birdieyork

A search for Apsara (note it is the Apsara Resort not the Asparas Resort) will give you lots of recent information and here are pics of Pakarang Beach where it is located taken from the end of last November until the end of March https:/…

It is a secluded but beautiful location with just a few local restaurants nearby which may or may not have reopened yet in October depending on weather, beach and ocean conditions and the number of visitors.

birdieyork

As I've replied to your other post it would get more answers if it had been on the Khao Lak and Cape Panwa Forums not the general Thailand one.

Similarly for richiegirl questions on Cha-Am and Hua Hin will get more replies on those forums.

If you have any more questions about Khao Lak after this I look forward to answering them tomorrow. I'm off to bed now. I've been posting replies since 7am ;-)

I've reported all the Duplicates. Hope somebody else does too!

7. Re: khao lak.....decisions decisions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak