We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joe's steakhouse

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Joe's steakhouse

Could anyone please tell me whether Joe's is open in May. Have tried their email address, but think it must have changed as it was returned to me.

Many thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joe's steakhouse

I think he closes but I am trying to confirm. As far as I am aware he does not have an Email address. We book by phone or popping in during the day. Tel. 087-893-6833

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Friend in Khao Lak confirms that Joe usually closes at end of April. Hopefully sdmeone dining there before end of April will report if this is not the case.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 12:25
UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Many thanks Arandora....I saw an email address on one of the photos of the restaurant, so could be old. Just trying to arrange which restaurants we're going to as I realise they're not all open and don't know if we will be able to use our phone when there....not getting a new sim and I suppose costs of phoning everywhere will be very high. Staying at ntbr1 and have viewed your recommendations. You are definitely a star for all the help you have given hundreds of people. Our first visit so wish us luck!

Thanks again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joe's steakhouse

If your phone is unlocked you can usually get a free SIM at Phuket Airport near where you reclaim your luggage then top it up with a minimum 100 baht at any 711. There will be plenty of restaurants open in Bang La On up from the NTBR1 but for those in Bang Niang you could first go for a look around the market on a Monday. Wednesday and Saturday afternoon and have a walk down the adjacent beach road to see which restaurants are open. The Hill Tribes on the highway will be open and Mars Bar (if you want something "different" and a bit of fun.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Thanks for that Arandora . Will see if my phone is unlocked.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Another question please......Which network sells sims at Phuket airport, and what is the code u put in for cheaper calls? Thanks again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Joe's steakhouse

The cards are True Move and it will tell you on the information pack what code to use for cheaper rate international calls. I use 12Call which is a different prefix. You can buy SIM starter packs very cheaply at 711s or mobile shops if the kiosk at the Airport is closed or they have run out.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Joe's Steakhouse is definitely closed from May 1 to September 30.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Joe's steakhouse

Thank you.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Joe's steakhouse

... and just received confirmation from a local Joe's regular that he does close over Wet Season. He's getting no younger and works incredibly hard in the kitchen in the Dry Season he needs the time to recover.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations