We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Trip

Rhondda-Cynon-Taff
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
June Trip

Me and my other half have booked 10 nights at the Merlin Resort from the 20th June. I'm looking for some advice on the types of activities you can do at this time of the year? We normally enjoy swimming in the sea but it seems that this will be out of the question due to the weather at this time of the year?? Will as a trip to the Phi Phi islands also be out of the question due to the weather?? We like excursions so are looking at an elephant trek and temple tour but wondering what we can do to experience more Thai culture or just chill out? Is the weather still good enough to sunbathe?

We have booked the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis. We want to get out and about to eat. How much will it generally cost for an evening main meal and drinks? Are there lots of places to eat nearby at this time of year?

Any advice will be much appreciated Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,849 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June Trip

The Merlin is located on the first of Khao Lak's long stretch of beaches that you reach coming from Phuket. It has developed quite a lot in recent years with a growing number of restaurants in the immediate area behind the beach and on the highway. You are only a 10 minute shuttle or taxi ride though over the mountain into Bang la On the main township of Khao Lak where most restaurants, shops and bars are to be found. If you work on an average of about 750 baht (just less than £15) for a two course meal in a Thai restaurant with a large beer and a glass of wine you won't be far out. You can dine for less and more with non-Thai cuisine (including pizzas!) being most expensive.

In regard to trips see this current topic about a day tour to Phang Nga Bay and nearby temple from Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… Phi Phi is also possible but a long day trip and susceptible to heavy and sometimes dangerous seas in the Wet Season. Phang Nga Bay is a sheltered bay and so not exposed to those conditions. Have a look at this and other tours by the operators in the topic referred to above.

You will definitely be able to sunbathe even if it is overcast. You would be very unlucky to get no sun at all but afternoon thunderstorms are a possibility at that time of year. You should be very careful though if it is cloudy as this is often when people get burned the most. Apply sunscreen when sunbathing at all times whether the sun is in or out.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,849 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,597 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Rhondda-Cynon-Taff
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June Trip

Thanks for your reply - you have reassured me that there will still be lots to see and do at this time of the year. Phang Nga Bay looks amazing - we will definitely want to visit. We are counting down the days until our holiday! I can't wait to experience Thai culture.

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,597 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
3. Re: June Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations