We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Seaview

Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Seaview

Hi all,we are looking at booking Khao lak for the end of the year. Really just want a good base. The centara Seaview keeps popping up and looks like it would be what we are after. We are looking at booking the deluxe pool villa but we are struggling to find much information from people who have stayed there. Can anyone help with info about the centara and the different rooms? Any other hotels to consider? Flights we have found for £528 Glasgow to Phuket via Dubai with Emirates so now need the hotel!

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Seaview

That is an excellent price for that period and one which I hope to get when return flights for next April are announced.

The Seaview was taken over by the respected Centara Group in January and has since received few reports to balance some poor ones it received at the end of its previous management contract period. However, taking over a resort during Peak Period is hardly the best time for any refurbishment or addressing previous deficiencies to be put in place. You would expect those to take place during the Low Season which is about to start. It is a large resort with one part, including the more private section which includes the pool villas you are thinking of, direct beachfront and the other just across the beach access road. There is direct access through this part, just a few minutes walk, to the centre of Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak where you will find most restaurants and shops so it is an excellent position.

For alternatives in the same area but without pool villas have a look at the Adult Only Sensimar, the Bhandari and the Sands.

Hope this helps.

Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Seaview

Thank you so much! The flights are really reasonably priced I thought! Never been to Thailand but have been in the area and we usually pay more.

I will have a look at the other hotels. The leaf has also popped up? It's the cheapest but the reviews were actually ok. I think it's a sister hotel to another one?

I meant to ask about transfers from Phuket airport. What is the best way to sort this out and how much to pay? Travel bag are quoting £60 pp return

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Seaview

The Leaf is the little sister of the Sands. It is located near to the highway with private access down the side of the Sands to Nang Thong Beach. It has two pools, one with swim up bar and restaurant. It is very well placed at the northern end of Bang la On for restaurants, shops and bars. It was only reopened last November after refurbishment of existing accommodation of the former Andaburi Resort and the addition of a new section and pool with Cottage rooms.

Members recommend Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak (excellent fleet of nearly new cars) who charges 1000 baht, about £18, each way in a standard car for transfers to and from Phuket Airport.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Seaview

Hi Suncrush we are at the Centara Seaview at the minute, have been here 11 days and leave late today.

We are like u wanted somewhere as a base. Initially was worried about the different reviews.

However, we have found the place very spacious, lovely gardens and with the 3 large swimming pools and beach have not felt over crowded at all.

Some of the other hotels we walked past it seemed liked the sunbeds were all crammed in together.

I was amazed at the toiletries left in the room, included 20 factor sun cream, mouthwash, razors, hairbrush and of course all the usual shower/bath/hair stuff.

If u pm me l will b happy to answer any questions u may have. Will not be home till Wednesday though English time.

Personally from seeing the Sands hotel from the outside it was no where near as pretty and no sense of space.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Seaview

We are staying in a deluxe villa which is lovely and set in the gardens, much better than the standard rooms.

You could choose the villas with the plunge pools, however with the lovely swimming pools and sea and if like us, the room is more or less a base, probably not worth the extra money.

Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Seaview

Thanks all! The pool villa is only costing an extra £20 more than the normal villa for the upgrade. Even if we don't use it much, it's only £20.

Is the leaf really budget? We were getting 2 weeks, flights, transfers and a cottage style room for £800 pp.these cheap emirates flights are great!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Seaview

Leaf is not a budget resort by any means. £800 for flights and accommodation in the new Cottages in High Season is extremely good value. Downside is that you have no private pool and not on the beach.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Seaview

Home now Suncrush and as u say only £20 extra is no big deal.

The deluxe villas we stayed in, they only have 4 of them but the nice thing about them is u are on the second floor and have a lovely view and they are lovely and private.

Some of the pool villas are not that private to sit on your balcony, Paths often run beside them and people can see right in there. If I was u I would ask for one in a more private area.

Personally I would rather have a nice private villa on a raised level than a ground floor with a small plunge pool. But depends what u like. I love the sea and a nice quite balcony to sip my wine on, so suppose, plunge pools do nothing for me.

We were offered upgrade for last five days but said no for that reason.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 21:39
Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centara Seaview

So are the villas in blocks then? I assumed they were semi detached or detached?

10. Re: Centara Seaview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations