We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip - Phang Nga Bay or Khao Sok N.P & Cheowlan Lake?

Scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Day trip - Phang Nga Bay or Khao Sok N.P & Cheowlan Lake?

My partner & I have only a few days left here on the gorgeous beaches at Khao Lak & want to do a day tour before we go home, however we are struggling with choosing between the day trip to Khao Sok NP & the lake trip & the Phang Nga bay tour. I was initially put off the Phang Nga Bay trip because of postings about the number of boats & tourists in the area. Can anyone advise if that's still the case now, early April? It seems quiet in Khao Lak. Also any views on what should be a priority to see? We both love spectacular natural scenery, but can't quite choose from what we've read about these trips. Thanks very much!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Day trip - Phang Nga Bay or Khao Sok N.P & Cheowlan Lake?

The majority of boats arriving in Phang Nga Bay come from Phuket, including Chinese package tours. Both are spectacular areas but Phang Nga has the edge for me - just!

2. Re: Day trip - Phang Nga Bay or Khao Sok N.P & Cheowlan Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak