We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Cumbria
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Hi after changing from Koh Samui (because of the weather) to Khao Lak for Christmas & New Year 2014, we are struggling to find a wide selection of hotels that offer the following.

Bedroom+Lounge+Terrace Area & Private Pool within walking distance to the Beach and Local Restaurants.

We are planning on staying for 3 weeks so would like a high level of comfort which is why we are seeking the extra space over a standard hotel room. Also, we would prefer to be in a complex rather than an individual villa as our Son is only 9 so it is good for him to mix and join in with activities.

We are looking at the Centara Seaview and also the JW Marriot can anyone suggest any other hotels that may tick all the boxes ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, open to ideas !

Thank you in advance

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Hi, pretty sure the le meridian has what you are looking for. There is also a villa complex next door that I am sure arandora will advise on when he picks up on your question

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

The villas next to le meridian are the katilya villas www.katiliya.com

Cumbria
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Hi thanks for that. I just checked out the Villas and they look great but very expensive for that period. Is the Meridian walking distance to the local restaurants, shops etc or do you need to use transport ?

Do you know the Centara Seaview at the moment that seems to be the best value, however, some of the TA reviews are not that great. They do a nice Pool Villa and the prices are not too bad for that time of year.

Many thanks for your help

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

There are a lot of beach restaurants within walking distance of le meridien there is a local mini mart type place at the entrance to the hotel with a couple more restaurants , after that it is a shuttle transfer or taxi into town which is about twenty minutes away.

Sorry know nothing about the centara hotel. I would have suggested the kantary which has some individual villas but I think in high season it is adults only.

I believe the very knowledgeable resident D.E. Arandora is on his way home to the uk after 5 months in khao lak and will probably be able to help you better

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

The Seaview has only recently been taken over by Centara, hence the history of poor reviews, in time they should improve. The hotel is well located in the centre of Nang Thong Beach, and also backs onto the centre of Bang La On shopping strip, so plenty of shops and local restaurants close by.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

The Le M has villas with pools as well as suites and durther up the sme beach the very family friendly Mai Khao Lak has villas with small Jacuzzi and pool access rooms. The Ramada on Bang Niamh Beach also has villas with pools. The JWM on Khul Khal Beach has direct pool access rooms and suites, as does La Flora. The Emerald Beach and Merlin resorts on Khao Lak Beach also have villas with pools. So doed the new Sentido Gracelands Resort pn the remote Bang SakvBeach.Of course this type of accommodation is the most expensive so it depends on your budget.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Thank you for all your replies will get looking again....

By the way Arandora what do you think of the Centara Seaview ? I am hoping that like Tezzat mentioned with it being newly taken over, by the time December comes hopefully they will have addressed many of the issues by then. I like the fact it was close to beaches, restaurants etc and the Royal Pool Villa looked really spacious and had large terrace with pool.

Any suggestions on Flights from Manchester or London am looking at either Thai or Eva air at the moment, don't want too many changes as its a long flight for my Son without all the getting on and off planes. ??

Many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Sorry. I know no more about the SeaView since it was taken over.

If you are going straight to Khao Lak and back home and want to minimise on aircraft/airport changes, from Manchester you have Emirates (change in Dubai) then non-stop to Phuket; Etihad (change in Abu Dhabi) then non-stop to Phuket (the whole route with Etihad from October 2014); Qatar (change in Doha) fly to Kuala Lumpur stay on plane then on to Phuket. We've just returned for second year with Qatar and will use them again when we return if the price and flight tomes are right but would be happy with Emirates or Etihad (now that no longer using Air Berlin on the Phuket leg) depending again on price and transit timings.

From London you have more options to Bangkok but you need to get to London and from Bangkok to Phuket. Only Thomson (Dreamliner charter) flies non-stop from London (Gatwick).

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Recent Centara reviews look ok, though I usually only rely on reviews from fellow aussies when looking at hotels and a recent review from someone from Sydney is very good. If in doubt message the reviewer and get more details. Things will improve gradually under new management so for the deals they are currently offering it is probably worth a try.

We usually take a short cut and walk up to the main road from NTBR1 through the Centara when going to shops or restaurants at the southern end of Bang La On, the hotel always looks clean and well presented, though mostly very sparse of patrons. Similar at the beach front, though we haven't been there Dec-Feb.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
10. Re: Family Villas or Suites with Private Pool within Hotel

Thank you for all your help and replies, have narrowed it down to Le Meridian and the Centara for the Villa Rooms. Just have to see where I can get the best deal now on the actual hotel as everywhere I have looked so far the prices vary so much and the hotels don't seem to do any better prices because it is there busy period anyway.

Got some good flight prices based on Swiss Air partially operated by Edelweiss Air from Manchester, don't suppose anyone has had any experience flying with them ? There are not many reviews on the Internet. There is a £800 difference than flying with Ethiad, not sure to risk it or not, as 16 hours is a long flight on a poor aircraft !

Thanks Guys

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak