We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccinations

Mildura, Australia
11 posts
vaccinations

Is there any suggested vaccinations to get before going to Khao Lak and Phuket for holiday? I have been told to get tablets for Malaria, is this suggested?

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: vaccinations

A recent thread on the same topic:

tripadvisor.com.au/…57164837

Malaria pills are not necessary, but wearing mosquito repellent day and night is especially for the Dengue Fever mosquitoes, Dengue is prevalent through SEA.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: vaccinations

Hi

Vaccinations best to see your own GP. I don't think you need malaria tablet but good repellent sprays. Make sure you spray at all time not only at night.

Some of the vaccines need to be done a few weeks before you travel. My family are up to dated with Typhoids, HepA, HepB and Tetanus. This is not advice but it is our choice to have it done.

Good luck

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: vaccinations

I agree with Sweet Pea, see your GP. We as well are protected for typhoid, Hep A & B and tetanus on our Doctors advice.

We've been to Khao Lak 4 times and have never had a problem with mozzies (I have probably now jinxed myself for October). We do always pack a bottle of "Off" just in case.

Mildura, Australia
11 posts
4. Re: vaccinations

Thanks everyone for your reply it really helps!

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
1 review
5. Re: vaccinations

I would never take malaria pills for a short vacation here in Thailand. Just use good sprays against mosquitoes, that should be enough. But see your doctor, or consult websites in your own country, where you can find which vaccines are recommended for Thailand.

6. Re: vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak