We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather in Khao Lak

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
208 reviews
Current weather in Khao Lak

Raining like crazy. Lots huddled in towels in Le Meriden lobby. Not too many happy faces. Was told hasn't rained here in 2 months.

Had perfect weather in Cambodia, Myanmar, northern Thailand and Bangkok. Was hoping to relax at the beach but only got 1 day beautiful, sunny weather. Rain is forecast all week so if you are arriving soon be prepared in case forecast proves true. Luckily I have a book as my husband is diving. Wonder if his diving will happen. He's on a dive now and I know that rain isn't an issue when you are underwater? He will be so disappointed if he can't dive. Next week we head to Phuket and more diving for him but concerned about weather. I thought this was a good time to be here but Mother Nature is unpredictable at best. Hope the sun comes back out soon. Lots of kids here that want to have fun in the sun.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 15:01
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Current weather in Khao Lak

Hi Chris,

This is the third time we've been to Khao Lak and we're now near the end of our three week stay :-(. The weather has been the hottest I've known it and today is the first bit of rain. (More than a bit tho) Saying that, although today has been cloudy I'm sitting on the balcony covered in Aloe Vera as I've burnt for the first time all holiday!

I think tomorrow is cloudy but Monday & Tuesday looks ok - Tuesday our last day. Accuweather we're exactly one hour out with the time of the thunder storm (how sad am I?)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Current weather in Khao Lak

Today has been more typical of some days that you get as the Wet Season approaches. Disappointing for those getting it now as it is much needed. This has been the longest dry spell with drought conditions in 30 years and temperatures significantly higher since the turn of the year than previous years. It depends which forecast you look at whether rain is going to last for next few days or upto a week bearing in mind that there are no forecasts based on a weather station in Khao Lak. The forecasts are based on Takua Pa 25km to the north (and inland) or Thai Mueang 45km to the south or some even further on Phuket Airport. Khao Lak's is also a micro climate and you can be on one beach with beautiful sunshine all day and return to another area and it will have had a huge downpour. We were in Bang Niang, Bang La On and then up in Takua Pa all morning until about 2.30pm when the clouds and brief rain came then sun all the way back to Bang Niang until the rain came here at about 4pm.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
208 reviews
3. Re: Current weather in Khao Lak

Thankfully the bad weather didn't effect my husbands diving. The rain with very big waves didn't start until the boat was heading back.

Today-so far no rain but overcast with just a peep of sun. Still had a relaxing time at the beach and by the pool.

Tomorrow's dive is with a fast speed boat-different dive shop-so fingers crossed that all goes well as I know how important the diving is to my husband.

4. Re: Current weather in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak