We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
73 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

Not so much a question, but...

Thanks to sterling work by Arandora (three cheers!), a long-standing anomaly in the Khao Lak restaurant listings has been corrected.

Anyone who has eaten at the ORCHID RESTAURANT in Bang La On, next to Keeper and a few doors up from Phu Khao Lak Resort & Restaurant, will now no longer have only the (quite different) ORCHID CAFE listing to place any reviews they might like to write.

As ever, TA made life as difficult as possible by initially placing said Orchid Restaurant eatery in Phang Nga, but now at last - ta-DAAAA - it has been moved onto the Khao Lak restaurant lists.

So, if you've eaten there of late and liked it / hated it / didn't really care either way (it doesn't matter which), at least now you can review it and have your review in the RIGHT place.

Those people in the past who put in a review of this restaurant in error at the Orchid Café listing should contact TA to get it moved.

We are now holding our breath and crossing our fingers that sooner or later the MAP location will be moved from Phang Nga to KL.

But you can't have everything, eh? :) :)

PLEASE NOTE: I have nothing to do with this restaurant. It just seemed stupid and counter-productive to have reviews of it being put under Orchid Cafe.

Positive "false" reviews of Orchid Restaurant help Orchid Café undeservedly, and by the same token negative "false" reviews actually hurt the Orchid Café. Again, undeservedly.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

You only need to "contact TA" by clicking on a review and refer to the correct property. I've done so for all of the ones for Orchid Café that were obviously meant for Orchid Restaurant and to be fair there are only a few. So these "should" be moved "in time" by TA just as the position on the map should be corrected "in time." :-)

What a tortuous process!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
73 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

Yes... only one worry on that score.

One of the three individuals I contacted as "likely candidates" for being in the wrong place HAD a review of the restaurant in the Cafe listing, dating from Jan 3 this year.

Now that person doesn't.

It's gone.

Vanished.

Disappeared.

I had contacted TA in all three cases some weeks ago, at the same time as I messaged the individuals, and told TA "the review is in the wrong place".

I didn't think users COULD remove their own reviews, so have TA removed it? They certainly have not put it (yet) on the Restaurant listing.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

Users can report any listing in the wrong location by clicking on "Problem with this review?" against the particular review they think is wrong, then on the box that appears "Review posted to wrong location" then click "Yes" to "Do you know where this review belongs?" (assuming they do) then in the "Enter name of correct listing" enter in this case "Orchid Restaurant... " if they want to report an incorrect Orchid Café listing and it should show the now correct listing for the Orchid Restaurant. Click on that and the report will be taken away to TA to investigate and confirm. If their Listing Team agrees they "should" move the review from the incorrect location to the correct one, "should being the operative word!

4. Re: Orchid Restaurant and Bar, Bang La On, now listed correctly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak