We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

We want to book a room at La Flora Resort & Spa and saw good prices through Asia Web Direct.

https:/…

Is this a reliable place for us to make a reservation. We are traveling from the United States?

Thank you.

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

Make sure taxes are included in Asia Web prices. Have a good holiday

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

They are a longstanding and reputable booking agency. Not heard of any complaints about them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

Thank you all. We finally have a place to stay in Khao Lak :-)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

... and a nice one at that in an excellent location! :-)

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
991 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

Very reliable!

Safe and happy travels

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

Used AWB just a few days ago to make a reservation for hotel in Penang. The deal requires me to pay 10% upfront and rest on arrival. The offer description states that there will be NO cancellation charges if I cancel more than 1 day before arrival. A few days later we had a change of plans so we had to cancel the reservation which is for 3 weeks later. So I cancelled and assumed that I would get back my 10% due to the offer description. But they emailed back saying that even though the hotel is not charging cancellation fees, there is AWD admin fee! So my 10% was NOT refunded! I was quite cross with this as the offer was clearly saying no cancellation charges, yet they played the card that it was admin fee and not hotel charges. I wouldn't have booked if I knew they had an admin fee for cancellation! So, I guess only book with them when you're sure you're not going to cancel or change your plans!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

AWD has different booking and different cancellation polices for each hotel or group of hotels. It should state in the cancellation policy for each hotel what charges there are. If it didn't or doesn't on your particular hotel you should contact them ank them to refer you to which booking condition for your booking allows them to apply an Admin charge.

8. Re: How reliable is booking through Asia Web Direct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 23:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations