We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Beijing, China
11 posts
Save Topic
apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

hi, I just booked the air tickets through air asia for my family and we are planning to spend 1 week in khao lak from Feb. 5 to Feb. 12, 2015. I am just wondering whether there is any 711/atm/restaurant nearby the asparas resort. It is not easy to take a five year old girl to walk a long distance under the heat.

thanks !

btw: I just can't open it:

"Pics of Pakarang Beach including some of the Apsara at https:/…"

Edited: 26 February 2014, 08:57
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Try the link in the album for Pakarang Beach at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k70…

There are now about 7 or 8 restaurants near the Apsara, Memories Beach Club facing it with our favourite Khai's Seafood a couple of hundred metres past it and others to the right of the Apsara along the access road at the junction with the main road going up to the highway. There is a small local minimart on your right on this road with, I think an ATM, and the Ruk Talay Tour shop. At the top of this road where it meets the highway there is a 711 with ATM but certainly not walkable with a young child but ok if you are passing if you go out anywhere.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 10:01
Beijing, China
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Thank you so much!

I just want to check whether I have fully understood your destription:

I can’t locate the Memories Beach Club on the map. You mean it is just next to Apsaras, on the north side of Apsaras?

The access road is the one connecting Apsaras with Best Western Palm Gallerlia, right? So the restaurants are along this road.

The main road is the one connecting Palm Gallerlia with 711 (west to east direction), so on this main road there is a small local minimart.

where can I upload the map of Khao Lak? I cannot find the place.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Memories is on Pakarang Beach directly opposite the Apsara. It is a beach restaurant across the inlet that runs alongside the resort. The Apsara has its own Beach Club reached by a private bridge across this inlet. The Beach Club and adjacent villas with pools are directly behind Memories. Khai's is a typical Thai beach shack restaurant about 200 metres post Memories. They are both shown in the Pakarang Beach Album that I gave you a link to in my previous reply.

The restaurants I referred to are on the corner on the opposite side of the main road up to the highway from the Palm Galleria. The main entrance to they PG is on the main road leading to the highway. The minimarts is just before the entrance to the PG coming up from the beach road.

The maps for Khao Lak can be found in the Top Question FAQ on the right KHAO LAK Maps. If you are viewing the forum on a smartphone or tablet app you will need to go to the full site version to see the Top Questions.

Beijing, China
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

A hand-written map with all the places on it will be highly appreciated!

I can open the link and browse the photos thr my iPhone, but I cannot open the link thr my computer in my office: (

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Sorry

All the latest maps that are currently avialable are included in the FAQ links which you should be able to access on a PC. This one shows the northern beach areas including around the Apsara walagata.com/w/…KHAO_LAK_NORD_2013.jpg This one shows the KL castline with vatious inset maps www.t3x.de/adventure/KLMapinteraktiv.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

Just thinking Alan...The Apsara might provide a shuttle to the 711 or markets or even Ban La On....Otherwise taxi....Taxis at Apsara..??...

Apsara to 711 would have to be at least 4-5 kilometers...Way too far to walk in the midday heat...Altho' bicycle perhaps supplied by Apsara might work,just take heaps of water if peddling daytime....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

The OP never asked about other than the immediate vicinity but thanks for the reminder. The Apsara does have a shuttle into Bang La On (don't know cost) and there are songthaews (Taxis) parked up near its front entrance.

Beijing, China
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

both of the two photos are very very helpful!

Thanks again!

Beijing, China
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

yes, I am sure that shuttle buses and taxis will be available, but I just want to make sure that withing walking distance what I will be able to do (supermarket and restaurant, etc.).

Thanks for all the replies!

My husband and I took my daughter to sunwing kamala this Jan, and we just walked to 711, walked to restaurants, walked to the beach....

The quiet and secluded apsaras may not be so convenient as phuket, but we still want to try it next year.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: apsara resort with any 711/atm/restaurant nearby?

With the good deals the Apsara has been running it has been very popular this year and if guests are, like you, happy to njoy a more remote location I am sure you will enjoy it. It really is a stunning one!. The tide goes out so far you get a tan just walking to the sea!! :-)

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak