We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hotel

swansea, uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Recommended hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel. I'm staying 19th - 26th April. I'm want to pay no more than £60 a night. Want a nice beach, sandy, preferably walking distance to shops and bars.

Can anyone tell me about Nang Thong and Bang Niang. Which one is the busiest, can you walk from one to the other. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Recommended hotel

Heidi

Could I suggest you have a look at Booking.com for your dates and price range. There are other sites but Booking.com is very competitive and offers most accommodation in Khao Lak. Then come back with any hotels that meet your budget and we can then advise on location etc. You can then try other sites for best price. Although High Season prices fall, often to less than half at the beginning of May, many hotels now start dropping them about 15th April so it is worth shopping around when you find places of interest that we can help you with.

Have a look at this list of accommodation by area www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

and the Top Question FAQs on the right KHAO LAK Maps to locate the various places.

By Nang Thong and Bang Niang, if you are talking about the beaches, they are both about the same. None of KL's beaches are very busy even at Peak Season compared to other beach areas in Thailand. The beaches are divided by a creek which you need to wade across or there is a little pull across ferry when the tide is in with a row of beach restaurants, bars and massage places either side.

If you mean Bang La On, for which Nang Thong is the "town beach" that and Bang Niang are Khao Lak's two main townships with most restaurants, bars and shops in Bang La On but more variety of restaurants, smaller and fewer shops but the 3 afternoon a week markets in Bang Niang which is about 10 minutes up the road by taxi. You can walk but it is hot , no pavements and major roadworks going on at the moment that will not be finished by your planned dates.

2. Re: Recommended hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak