We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling in March..advice please

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
snorkeling in March..advice please

Hi guys,

My wife and I wanted to spend a day snorkelling on our forthcoming trip to Khao Lak and wandered if you could give me some advice as to which companies to look into contacting,

and also, whether it's better to book the trip once we are out there or to book the trip before we leave home.

thanks!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling in March..advice please

The three main day snorkelling sites are the Similan Islands and Koh Tachai, part of the Similans group and the Surin Islands. Tours to Similans and Tachai depart from Tab Lamu pier about 15 minutes south of Khao Lak and speedboat takes about 75 minutes. Tours to the Surins depart from Kuraburi pier about 75 minutes north from Khao Lak and speedboat takes about 75 minutes, although there are some tours from the pier at Ban Nam Khem about 30 minutes north from Khao Lak. All day tours included pick up from and drop off at your accommodation and lunch on the island. Snorkelling gear is provided. No need to book in advance if you are flexible with dates. Several operators offered at the various tour shops and kiosks throughout Khao Lak and as prices are competitive its best to shop around a bit. Good, regularly recommended operators are Fantastic Similan Travel, Kuraburi Greenview, Ruk Talay, Medseye.

Have a look at the current topics in the forum listing for comments on recent experiences.

2. Re: snorkeling in March..advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak