We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Seaview

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Seaview

Im planning our hotel for xmas 2014, how good/bad in your opinion is the hotel, I see it has recently been taken over by centara and am wondering should it improve.

Im lookiing at booking a villa room so would expect the service and décor etc to be excellent. Ive stayed at a number of centara hotels in Thailand and am pretty surprised of the reviews on TA for this hotel.

Lastly how far is from shops and restaurants etc.

Thanks for all your help

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Seaview

Centara only took over fairly recently and I wouldn't expect any major improvements to take place until the end of the current High Season. It is in an excellent location with the villa site being direct beachfront on Nang Thong Beach and access to the centre of Bang La On with al its restaurants, bars and shops through the other site across the beach road.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Seaview

We were there yesterday sassy , and there is no way id stay there, much better on offer

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Seaview

Thanks for the responses, boeing what did you dislike.

its difficult as looking at all hotels for next xmas not one of them seem to be worth the money, either in khao or Phuket, most are selling at 3 times there price for there particular season.

Any opinions on really good accommodation in the 5 star bracket that should not bust the bank. im not being tight but im not prepared to pay in excess of 2k for 8 nights that the same hotel will sell for a week later 700 pound. Back to the drawing board .

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Seaview

Doubt very much that you will get a 5* Resort in Khao Lak, bearing in mind that there are only 5 of them (Beyond Khao Lak Resort, Le Meridien, Sarojin, J W Marriott and Casa de la Flora) for £90 a night in High Season i.e November 1st to 15th December, 15th January to 15th April. And in between Peak Season over Xmas and New Year is always highest price anywhere and especially in Khao Lak often being inflated because price includes obligatory Gala Dinners. The Seaview is 4*. Hlowever, there are other very good 4* resorts which should meet your budget like the Ramada and adjacent La Flora on Bang Niang Beach, the Paradise Resort, Wanaburee and Sensimar on Sunset Beach and Orchid Beach Resort on Khuk Khak Bdeach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Seaview

Thanks for the responses, i appreciate xmas is peak price but I am finding some of these hotels are so inflated for that week , we will also be leaving on the 31st so wont use the hotel for NY .

Khao is def cheaper than Phuket, but ive wanted to come to Khao for ages.

Example of prices , this weeks topic has been around the Leaf Hotel so I looked at prices that are out in the UK for hotel accom only from the 23rd dec - 31st Dec the Leaf sells around 175 pound for a week for a room any other week in high season yet , xmas week its as high as 1000 pound with some agents, now what bothers me is it is a budget hotel and has a realistic price for what it offers but yet on one week of the year ups it prices by just over 300 pound short of the Le meridian Hotel for exactly the same dates. LRM is at 1400 pound for 8 nights Leaf is approx. 1100.

I like the look of Khao Merlin, but then see it is being sold AI to first choice, don't want that factor, esp reading the current reviews of how disappointed folk were with AI , why on earth would anyone do AI in thailand and for those reading who want to do AI it kills the community and good establishments for food and drink i def dont wantto be around people either moaning or drinking gallons of beer at 9am

Ive travelled to Thailand for years and one of the reasons I thought centara and booking direct was they are a good hotel chain, best hotel in krabi, hua hin, brilliant beach hotel in koh samui, good Bangkok hotels, and great hotels in pattaya and kata so shocked with what im hearing for khao lak. Im sure management will knock it into gear.

I don't want to book agents yet as far to early, but am looking at good deals direct with the option to cancel for free very few with dates yet for xmas.

Lastly for 1k I can have a week at the peninsula in Bangkok - I may just do that as that is def worth the dosh..

im not tight but have stayed at some fab hotels in the past and want value for money , im coming in business class so flight have cost a fortune.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Seaview

Hi sassy , we are at beyond resort now for 2nd time totally amazing, I celebrated my 50 th here last year, and now celebrating our silver wedding, we thought the centara was looking shall we say drab, not in best location and two days ago when we were there was overrun with kids, very cramped pool area, you can't compare the krabi one to this, they have alot of work to do. We book with travel republic and for your dates they have the Asparas , and Kantary beach for £1200 now im sure if you paying business class you can pay this, I know we all different but having read the reviews for centara , I would think long and hard , hope this helps sassy, also as Alan says orchid good too

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Seaview

The hike in prices for Peak Season is not at all unusual particularly in the top level 4* or 5* resorts as there are still relatively few of them, some of which are new or like the Leaf newly extended/refurbished, and demand is at its highest because of families with children mainly from Europe but increasingly from Australia because of their better child facilities. The Leaf for instance has put all its rooms for the peak period out to agents and is not accepting direct bookings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Seaview

thank all posts were really helpful in particular boeing , I had looked at both flora and and kantary as well as on you tube, you tube is ace, all hotels look like they have budget beds really skinny mattess and if im honest both hotels looked very budget I have used travel republic for Europe but price matched against sites such as destinolgy they were 1000 more expensive for le meridian in khao lak .

TR are basing there business on their low deposit but that is very high ended priced.

I shall wait and see but thanks for the help .

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centara Seaview

boeing747, u r saying not in the best location, Arandora u r saying excellent location, very different opinions?

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centara Seaview

Hi Diana , its horse's for courses ! We are totally spoiled for location here at pakweep beach, we like a vast beach to walk along, and lots of local places to eat I.e. mama leks ♥ , we just thought the other day it looks very cramped and not for us , and I know Alan loves pakweep too , thanks to him we discovered it last year

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak