We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

Hi all

There are some stunning, amazing resorts and I want to stay at them all...but we need 2 connecting rooms or a 2 bedroom villa set up. Once I started looking at prices the really amazing resorts are waaaay out of our budget.

With a budget of about A$250/night for either 2 adjoining rooms or a 2 bedroom villa, I am finding less options that still meet the 'resort' kind of category. The higher rated places that I am finding, that are still resort-like aren't all on the beach-is this a problem?

Plus I have no idea of location.

I would love some help-I have done lots of googling and sent some emails but could really do with some extra help!

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

Sorry, I should add that we would be travelling in late Dec/early Jan...which I know is high season.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

December/early January is Peak Season, absolutely highest prices and fastest to get booked up. Beachfront properties carry a premium at all times. 250 AUD is about 7250 baht per night and I would suggest you do a search on Booking.com putting in your dates and look at what comes up in within your budget then post back for comments on ones that have the facilities you are looking for. Have a look at the FAQ on the right for the latest maps that will show the various locations in Khao Lak.

The resort I am staying in, the Cousin Resort, has 2x2 bed family bungalows well within your budget but is very much budget accommodation. The Ayara Villas just up the road also has fily bungalows and The Nang Thong Beach Resort has family accommodation to as does the Laguna Resort.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

Thanks, I did a search like that here on TA but the latest date it would let me use is 1 December of this year. I will try that with bookings-thanks.

Sadly that is the only time we can really travel as it's the long school holidays.

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

I had the same problem with bookings.com...the dates don't yet go into January 2015.

I punched in some early December dates...and um, wow. It wasn't cheap. There were twenty places with availability and of those only Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa looked what I'm after.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

I only suggested Booking.com as they offer competitive prices and feature most Khao Lak resorts. It is a bit early though for some booking sites.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

I'll wait a month or so and have another look, thanks.

7. Re: 2 connecting rooms/villa; A$250/night; resort-like..help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 11:53
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations