We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

Hi everyone & sorry for asking for something that I could have probably done the research for if my kids & husband hadn't been zombie by a 24 hr journey & we had phones that worked!

We arrived really early this morning into NTBR1 & have only managed to venture to Nangthong supermarket only (even that was touch & go with 2 zonked boys!). Can anyone recommend a restaurant nearby for dinner? Prob Thai wud be good. Usually I would happily the chance & try one on the off chance but the 2 year has eaten his own weight in crisps & bread rolls gettin here & I would like to go somewhere that the foods good so I can bribe him into eating something in a more nutrient laden food group!

All suggestions on his late notice is so gratefully received!

May have to post a different topic on how to get our giffgaff network iPhones working as only have access to (limited) internet due to free wifi! Fingerscrossed no phones need in meantime!

Thanks again!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
736 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

The restaraunt at NTBR 1 is excellent, plenty on offer on the highway.

Enjoy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

I would agree dine at NTBR1 until you have recovered from flight then go explore!

As for phones are you using a local SIM card? Or your own from UK? If the latter make sure you have roaming switched off or your bill when you get home will be more than cost of your holiday!!!!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 19:04
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

Thanks! We went to NTBR1 for dinner- food was ok but service amazing!

Sorted my phone. I always thought that the old 'turn your phone off, take out your SIM card, put it back it, turn on and voila!' was a whole heap of poop but it has worked! I'm now fully contactable for family to text lastest low temps & inches of forecast snow!

Thanks for reminding about data roaming as it is a nightmare with an iPhone & I've been caught out before when I have been app& email happy abroad!

Thanks again!

4. Re: SOS! Last minute restaurant near nang thing road!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak