We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to budget??

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
How much to budget??

After weeks of researching the net, I think we have finally decided on our choice of hotel – La Flora Khao Lak. Think we are going to opt for an upgrade as the pool access rooms look amazing. We will be travelling end of May for 7/8 nights.

As well as looking at hotels, I have also been researching a couple of trips. So that we can budget accordingly, can anyone advise how much the following would be?? Are they worth doing??

James Bond Island

Phanga Nga Tour

Khao Sok National Park to include elephant camp

Temple Tour

In terms of eating out and drinks, how much do we need to budget per day. We like the fact that La Flora is close to some bars and restaurants so won’t be eating at the hotel, only for breakfast.

I have read several posts about transfers and will probably book the Boss; again can anyone advise of costs for a return journey to Phuket airport.

Final question, where is the best place for a massage??

Thanks

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: How much to budget??

We are off to La Flora this week, have booked Executive transfer with Boss for 1200 baht from Phuket, same for return.

Have a look at the website for Khao Lak Land Discovery, Khao Lak Vista just to get an idea of trip costs. I also have the hotel excursion price list and they are more pricey than local operators.

James Bond Island with LF - 3,000 per adult

Temple Tour - 2,200

Khao Sok Excursion 3,500 but doesn't mention elephant camp or trekking.

Phang Nga Explorer - 3,000

I'd also be interested to hear the massage answer as the hotel spa is pretty much UK prices.

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: How much to budget??

i have just been checking my little accounts book, i kept a note of each purchase and overall without shopping etc just drinks and pre dinner cocktails we spend (as a couple) between 2000-2500 baht, around £40-45. i have to say we didn't push the boat out either. mainly ate at your normal eateries either along the beach or in either of the 2 towns. :)

Edited: 25 January 2014, 17:09
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: How much to budget??

Prices in May will be different and probably less than those quoted or that may be quoted for any during the current High Season and certainly less than quoted on-line if you shop around when you arrive due to lesser number of visitors and therefore more competitive prices. as well as the outfits quoted look at Green Andaman Travel at http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ and Eco Khao Lak at http://ecokhaolak.com/ for ideas of their tours and their prices but only as a guide unless you really want certainty of dates and need to book on-line.

As for dining expenses (lunch and dinner) 2000 - 2500 baht per couple per day is more than enough if you dine mainly in Thai as opposed to international restaurants (Italian/pizzeria, Japanese, Mexican, steak houses for instance which are much more expensive), A typical Thai starter is 80 - 100 baht pp, main course 100 -150 baht (chicken, pork, beef, veggie, prawn) whole fish 200 - 300 baht, tiger prawn more and depending on weight. Cocktails 100 - 150 baht, small beer 50 - 80 baht. large beer 80- 120 baht on average.

As for massages, there are plenty of places on the beach or roads in Bang Niang.

Here are pics of the typical tours in and around Khao Lak but be aware that those to Similan, Surins and Koh Tachai finish at the end of April or 15th May if extended as they have been for the last two years tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

4. Re: How much to budget??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak