We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Barnsley, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Hi,

Im staying in la flora early may this year, i have been to Thailand before but not to the Khao lak area.

Im a very competent motorbike rider here in the UK, when i went to Thai last year i also went to Vietnam where i bought a motorbike in Hanoi and drove down the ho chi minh and QL1 to Saigon (hectic to say the least!)

My questions are:

Are there any Rental companies that hire out the CRF250s they hire in koh tao and phuket, around the Khao Lak area? if so any reputable sources?

Also what are the roads like in terms of traffic is it like the chaos i experienced in Vietnams Hanoi and Saigon? or is it more relaxed?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Hi maka....I rent motor scooters in Phuket and Khao Lak and yes...I have seen all sorts of bikes in Phuket of different capacities up to 1000cc....

Tho' I've never seen any bikes larger than the normal 125cc scooters in Khao Lak for rent....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

The traffic in Khao Lak is far more relaxed,however watch the speedsters in cars and vans on the highway....

Barnsley, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Do you have access or rent any CRF250Ls or similar Kawasaki? would it be possible to sort something out for the right price? ill find it hard going from my bikes at home to a 125 scooter :P

Thanks for the reply mate.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

g'day maka ,all

i ride a canam spyder at home , dont have a problem riding the 125

anyway bigbike hire next to smile restaurant ?

never hired from them

cheers bat

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Sounds like the best bet Bat...!!...Next door to Smile might be the go for larger capacity bikes maka....

And also agree that the 125 cc scooters are fine enough for me as well....I'm not a big bloke at only 70 kiloes and with my Anny on the back,the little scooter still has enough grunt to take us anywhere....Besides they're cheaper to rent as well....

I used to ride my 800cc Kawasaki Vulcans(mid size bikes) at home till i sold them(rego too expensive)So going from an 800cc to a 125cc is no biggy....

Just means at the end of the day, I have more baht in my pocket

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Don't forget your IDP!

Barnsley, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Cheers bat, looking for the rental shop on Google Street view now.

I dont have a problem with the 125cc scooters i have a ktm125 practice bike im just looking for somthing with nobly tyres so i can go down the dirt tracks and do abit of exploring :)

Has anyone seen what type of bikes you can rent from the big hire next to smile?

Looking at street view it looks a beautiful area.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

g'day maka all

just walking by they seem to hire crutch rockets

cheers bat

Barnsley, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Whats a crutch rocket?

Barnsley, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Motorbike Rental around La Flora area.

Just googled crutch rocket, i was 99% sure it was going to be a scooter!

If your walking past again mate you wouldnt mind asking if they had any crf's or off road type bikes would you please?

To be precise crutch rocket = CBR, Gsxr or somthing similar?

Thanks for all your help!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations