We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & similian islands

Level Contributor
19 posts
Weather & similian islands

Hi, I will be travelling to khaolak at the end of July through to the beginning of august. I know it is the rainy season and we will se some storms, but does anyone know on average how much rain we can expect. Will we see some sunshine throughout the day? Also, I would like to travel to the similian islands, is it likely that the tour companies will travel in the rainy season. Thanks In advance

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Weather & similian islands

The Similans are a national park and will be completely closed down from May 16th or earlier if the weather is not good.No tours once closed.

Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: Weather & similian islands

Ok thanks for you reply. Can you give me an overview of what sort of weather we can expect. Thanks again.

3. Re: Weather & similian islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 11:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak