We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

I am trying to find out a bit more information about the kids club at the Mai Khao Lak resort. My husband and I are planning on staying there in May this year with our two kids (4&6 years old) and I have read that the kids club closes down in the low season! I thought this sounded very strange and have emailed the resort with no response as yet to whether or not this is correct.

Please help, any info would be much appreciated 😀

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

It would not surprise me as the resort is mainly occupied by Scandinavians and other European visitors booking through TUI Holidays and they seem to staff and provide the Kids activities on the beach but don't know about the Kids Club itself. If you don't get a reply from the resort I will make enquiries next time we are up there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

Hi there,

Thanks for replying....

I still hadn't heard from the resort so I decided to call them direct just now. They told me that because the resort had not long opened so last year they decided to close the kids club in the low season. Although now it is fully operational and is open all year round! I specifically asked if it would be open to book kids in etc in May and they said yes!

We were also looking at The Sands to stay at although due to it being start of low season wasn't too sure about the beach conditions and had read a post you had replied to on another post about pakweep beach being a better option for kids???

Thoughts???

Edited: 05 January 2014, 12:49
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

The Mai is on the northern end of Pak Weeb Beach in a great location with a row of beach restaurants adjacent to it which I would expect to remain open in May. The other resort on Pak Weeb with kids' facilities is Le Meridien which is getting a bit tired in some accommodation at the moment, The Sands has received good reports for its kids' facilities but not as good beach but best placed for easy access onto Bang La On the main township.

4. Re: Kids Club at Mai Khao Lak resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations