We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
658 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Was due to have a 3 night stopover in Bangkok upon arriving there but due to the uncertainty surrounding planned disruptions we have decided to spend one night at airport upon arrival and head straight down to Khao Lak the following morning where we shall stay put for 13 Days before heading back to Bangkok where hopefully things may have calmed down and we can hopefully spend a couple of days at the Banyan tree as planned. Failing that, it's lounging round the pool at the Novotel at the airport.

Luckily, Pisit at Lah Own has been able to accommodate our change of plans. He is so easy to deal with and so friendly. Cannot wait to get there.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Be aware there is major construction of a new resort immediately alongside the road leading down to the La Own and behind the resort and further north of it. It is screened off at the rear and when we had a look around yesterday there was no noise and didn't seem to be disturbing the guests in La Own.

Bangkok's loss is Khao Lak's gain!

Enjoy!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

I think you're doing the right thing and hopefully things will have calmed down but if things are still a bit heated rather than spend the last days at the Novotel maybe spend them in Hua hin which is near enough Bangkok to be able to get there by car, then maybe just spend the last night at the airport if you have a morning flight.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

"Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days"...making that 13 days in Khao Lak.....Does this mean Mike's mind is made up and doesn't want to go elsewhere..??.....

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
658 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Yes I know Alan as Pisit sent me an email to make us aware.

I have read replies from others on the Lah Own Facebook page and i don't think it'll be an issue and if it is, from what I can tell from my discussions with mr Pisit, I don't think there will be an issue if we decide to move on.

Looking forward to it

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
658 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

"Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days"...making that 13 days in Khao Lak.....Does this mean Mike's mind is made up and doesn't want to go elsewhere..??.....

????

Sorry ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Alan knows what I am talking about Mike.....You have made your mind up and going to Khao Lak which is great....Why would someone want to sway you into going somewhere else...??...

liverpool
Level Contributor
558 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

what...lost in translation...in jokes????

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
658 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Oh I see, thanks cocotang

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

Our pleasure Mike....Have a great trip...!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now staying in Khao Lak an extra 2 days

To be fair to Chrella she was suggesting that Mike may want to consider changing his last two days in Bangkok depending on the situation there due to the ongoing protests and disruption but I'm sure Mike will be monitoring that and reacting appropriately to it like did with changing the beginning of his trip. Who knows he might stay even longer in Khao Lak. Any excuse will do! :-;

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak