We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jbr

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
25 reviews
Jbr

We recently had ten days in Khao Lak followed by five in Phuket. It was our third visit to La Flora and we loved it as usual.

The hotel is so well placed for the beach and town and I am pleased to say that there were still plenty of beach restaurants close by. We used Tonsons, My Friend, Aroy and Chong Fah a lot and they were all good. We liked to cross the creek and eat at Renu's at lunch time occasionally, it is so peaceful there. We loved it when it was Kim and Cream but it is now Renu.

The sun didn't shine as much as in past holidays but it was always warm. When it rained at night we just ate in town, we enjoyed meals at Lucky's and Siam. I loved the white snapper in white wine sauce with garlic mash and veggies at Siam, so much I had it twice. Sometimes I just need a change from Thai food as much as I love it.

We borrowed the bikes from La Flora and had a cycle round to a different beach and just sat with a drink watching the world go by.

We didn't do excursions, we really just need relaxation after a difficult year and losing my Dad. The weather wasn't the best for some excursions anyway. We were very happy swimming, reading or walking round the shops.

We absolutely love eating on the beach at night too and watching the lanterns and fireworks, paradise.

We ended up having 5 nights at the Laguna area in Phuket at the Angsana and that is stunning too. Very peaceful, unlike parts of Phuket. We had been there before when it was the Sheraton. It really is lovely there too. We did notice the difference in prices though after being in Khao Lak. I was having tuna salads at lunchtime for 90 baht but in Phuket it was 190 baht. Wine that was 100 -120 in Khao Lak was 150 baht in Phuket. Obviously the usual Thai dishes were a bit more expensive too.

We had a wonderful holiday in both places, I am so sad to be back now but know we will return again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Jbr

Glad you enjoyed Khao Lak - again! :-)

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Jbr

Thanks Alan, I had noticed in one of your previous posts that you were arriving in Khao Lak as we were moving to Phuket.

I hope the weather is a bit more sunny for you now but even if it isn't, it is just nice to be warm isn't it. Enjoy your stay. !!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Jbr

Thanks. We will.

liverpool
Level Contributor
561 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Jbr

What a lovely report - we will be staying just over the creek at Lah Own in April, looking forward to trying all your recommendations. best wishes Nora x

5. Re: Jbr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak