We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak or Ko Tao?

Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak or Ko Tao?

Wondering which would be a better holiday destination for my partner and I in 2014? We can be flexible on dates as I understand Khao Lak is best between November and Feb.

I'm looking for great diving as well as some relaxing by the beach. Some nightlife would be good too.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak or Ko Tao?

Hi

You can't compare both.

Koh Tao is an island small compact great sites for diving,snorkeling. There are beaches and night life to be had.

Khoa lak is the mainland beach town every laid back less developed, easy access to both sea base activity and inland activity. Thera so much more to do and see in Khao lak. There are many islands that you can do day trip and diving or snorkeling around the like of similans group of islands. Khao lak you will have more choices of beaches to choose from.

Its depends what you after if you want stay on the island then koh Tao. If mainland and easy access to islands and more things to do and see more choices of beaches then Khao lak.

Cheers,

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak or Ko Tao?

+1 sweetpea's comments.

Plenty of information in Things to Do in Khao Lak to the right on The top Questions (they don't show if using the app, need full site access)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
3. Re: Khao Lak or Ko Tao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak