We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Getting from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak

Hi all,

Anyone know the best way to get from Khao Sok to Khao Lak?

A few days later few travel from Khao Lak to Railay.

Any travel tips are much appreciated on how we undertake these journeys. Happy to pay for taxi if price is reasonable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak

I took the direct regular bus from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak in January - very straight forward, there is a bus once an hour which stops opposite the entrance road to Kaho Sok National Park. I stayed in a guesthouse along the road to the park and they ran me up to the bus stop in time for the bus. There is a cafe in case you miss the bus (as happened to me) and have to wait for the next one. Cost was really cheap (I can't remember exactly how much, but well below THB 100) and we stopped for about 10 minutes in a town on the way. In all, it took around 1.5 hours. Unfortunately I can't help you with the Khao Lak / Railay leg.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak

If you want door to door, luggage and all, and are prepared to pay for a private taxi transfer contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com for a quote including one from Khao Lak to Ao Nang in Krabi where you need to get a boat transfer to Railay Beach. Plenty of recommendations about Boss in the FAQ on the right on TAXI Companis and this in particular that gives his latest rates tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

3. Re: Getting from Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak