We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody used this booking site.

central coast...
Level Contributor
277 posts
55 reviews
Anybody used this booking site.

Hello, looking to book the sands in khao lak and was comparing with booking sites and a site called hotelopia was the cheapest.

Has anybody used this booking company before. Just wanted a bit of feedback before booking.

Regards.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
1. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

I haven't used them for a while but Hotelopia is a reputable site but before you book check out the hotels own website, www.asiatravel.com www.sawadee.com and this price comparison website www.hotelscombined.com just to see if there is a better offer somewhere else.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

Try also Booking.com

central coast...
Level Contributor
277 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

Great thank you both for the quick reply's

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

The sands do advertise a price match policy however when I tried to use it, they wouldn't honor it. I suspect language barrier may have played a part though. They kept telling me the price I had didn't include taxes and service fee, when I clearly provided screenshots with details to proce it did.

Anyhoo you can try asking them for a price match if you don't trust the website?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

Price Match Guarantees rarely are straightforward. There are often little clauses in the T&Cs which give the ompany offering them a get out. They are a marketing gimik to entice people to book with that company in the belief that it will be matched or is already the lowest price but most people don't actually check or try making a claim.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

While I normally agree Arandora, this was a straight price match, with no conditions.

The only reason they refused it was they insisted the price was without taxes and the taxes were clearly set out and included. Look, I don't mind, it's not the end of the world. We are still getting a fabulous deal :)

ETA, I don't know why they didn't honour it really. They are the ones who set the prices for the third party websites anyway. If they had have let me book direct at the same price they were allowing the 3rd party to sell at, they wouldn't have needed to pay commission to them? Seems a bit strange to me, but anyhoo.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 02:35
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

As a matter of interest who were you price matching against? Not Agoda by any chance!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

I found a price through Hoteltravel.com and I was trying to price match with The Sands direct. They have on their website that they will pricematch any price for their hotel. Which is why I am sure it was a communication issue. The Sands would be better off matching the price so I go direct. This avoids them paying a commission to the 3rd party website.

9. Re: Anybody used this booking site.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak