We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 16 month old - accommodation

NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
41 reviews
Travelling with 16 month old - accommodation

Hi All,

My husband and I are travelling to Khao Lak in jan. This is our first trip with our son who will be 16 months old then. We can't decide between Phuket and khao lak, but I am leaning towards khao lak since it is quieter.

We are both vegetarian (we have dairy, cheese and eggs but no fish or meat) and are looking for a comfortable safe place, a great beach (we have travelled all over the world to various beach destinations and my husband is picky) and good food. We will need a cot for my toddler to sleep in but not sure if he is old enough for any of the kid corner activities that some hotels have. We would like to make trips to the James Bond island and possiy phi phi (but not sure yet) and planning to stay for 5 days. Alternatively I thought of splitting the trip between Phuket and khao lak. Is that a good idea?

We usually stay in smaller hotels but not sure what to expect with a toddler so desparately need your advise!! Also - please recommend website to look for deals (where we could score discounted rooms).

Thanks a lot!!!

1. Re: Travelling with 16 month old - accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak