We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Scuba

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak Scuba

I am trying to go to khao lak to scuba dive in late November. I cant seem to find a cheap day trip to richelieu rock. Do you know of any reasonably priced shops that go out there? Everything I have found is in the 5800 THB range for 2 dives or so. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Scuba

I'm flying to Khao Lak today and had the same question. I did a bit of digging and have booked with Big Blue they were 5600 with my own equipment. I think you'll be hard pushed to find cheaper. These guys have got a good rep, nice fast boat, good comms.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Scuba

From friend in Khao Lak, 5900 baht is about going rate with equipment supplied.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Scuba

thanks for the info...

so, big blue can do day trips to Richelieu? I understand from reviews that the other popular dives are a bit ho-hum

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Scuba

Yes they do day trips. I'm off there tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Can't really comment on the diving in general but I've heard the same thing, hence only booking rich rock as it's regarded as the best site.

5. Re: Khao Lak Scuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 11:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak