We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting out of Thailand from Khao Lak

Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting out of Thailand from Khao Lak

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are visiting Thailand for 11D/10N in January.

The rough plan is

- Land in Surat Thani, Ferry to Ko Tao

- 4D/3N Ko Tao (Plan to do diving certificate)

- Ferry to Koh Samui, 3D/3N in Samui

- Ferry back to Surat Thani, Surat Thani to Khao Lak

- 4D/3N (2 full days) in Khao Lak

???

- Fly out to Singapore

I am just wondering if it would be easier to leave Thailand from Phuket or Surat Thani when leaving from Khao Lak.

If anyone has an opinion on transport plans from Samui to Khao Lak that would also be welcome.

Oh my goodness, profuse apologies, I confused myself between Khao Sok and Khao Lak. Moving my question there, although this might still be useful for people who honestly have this question.

Edited: 12 November 2013, 19:40
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting out of Thailand from Khao Lak

Consider Phuket and Krabi as departure airports.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting out of Thailand from Khao Lak

You've confused me! Is your question about departing from Khao Sok or Khao Lak? For internatiuonal departures to Singapore, you have more direct options from Phuket Airport which is just over an hour from Khao Lak and about 2 hours from Khao Sok. To get to Khao Lak or Khao Sok from Samui, either destination you are already considering i.e. ferry to Surat Thani then mini-bus or public bus or taxi to Khao Sok or through Khao Sok to Khao Lak. Boss of Cheaper than Hoyel Taxis in Khao Lak provided decent priced transfer from Surat Thani to Khao Lak and Khao Lak to Phuket Airport. Contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

3. Re: Getting out of Thailand from Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 11:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations