We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

proposal in Khao Lak

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
proposal in Khao Lak

Dear valued Tripadvisors,

my girlfriend and I are returning to Khoa Lak end of Jan / early Feb and I am planning to ask the big question.

We are staying at the JW and I emailed already with them, but the dinner on the beach option is not the best one. I have been in contact with the Sarojin about their Waterfall private dinner, does anyone have already experienced this?

I am very open for any suggestions, this should be just the 2nd perfect day in my life hoping that she says yes and then my perfect day will come.

I am kind of looking for an very romantic and exclusive setting to propose and have a fantastic evening ( private island or so).

Any suggestions and/or help is highly appreciated.

THANKS

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

Sorry I have not experienced the Sarojin Waterfall private dinner bout I am aware from previous references on this forum to it and counting the originator of that experience as a personal friend that it is indeed an exceptional and as far as I am aware unique in Khao Lak one. I'm not aware of any private islands anywhere near to Khao Lak or indeed in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

Hi Gerald,

My husband and I booked the waterfall dinner for our honeymoon back in 2012. Unfortunately for us, we were quite unlucky and had torrential rain when we were at the Sarojin and they had to move our dinner from the waterfall to the Sarojin spa.

It was still amazing even though the venue was not the waterfall - I've never seen so many candles in my life! The food was incredible and all cooked right in front of you by your own chef.

The only thing to be wary of is that drinks were not included in the quoted price (and wine is very expensive due to the taxes) and there menu is quite misleading in this aspect. I think we ended up paying over $500 AUD for the dinner.

The Sarojin also do a beach dinner which we saw them setting up for other couples and if we had our time again, would have saved some money and chosen this option as it looked really special.

Congratulations!

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
16 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

Dear Arandora and Jocus,

many thanks for your kind help.

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

Owe are at The Sarojin at the mo, I can well recommend the private dinner on the beach it's amazing. Also ask them if you can light a floating lantern on the beach it's lovely and they'll pics of you with your camera as you set it off, a few people are doing it here for anniversaries, it's a lovely thing to do, holding hands as you watch it drift up into the sky....sorry that's the romantic coming out in me.

The waterfall dinner is so amazing but we felt so overpriced, it's cheaper however if you want to do it with a group of others here but it may spoil the moment.

Good luck x

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

Owe are at The Sarojin at the mo, I can well recommend the private dinner on the beach it's amazing. Also ask them if you can light a floating lantern on the beach it's lovely and they'll pics of you with your camera as you set it off, a few people are doing it here for anniversaries, it's a lovely thing to do, holding hands as you watch it drift up into the sky....sorry that's the romantic coming out in me.

The waterfall dinner is so amazing but we felt so overpriced, it's cheaper however if you want to do it with a group of others here but it may spoil the moment.

Good luck x

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
6. Re: proposal in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations