We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
535 reviews
Save Topic
Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

Phuket airport last night - AU$100 = 2867.75 baht

Checked around KL this morning and most exchanges were similar ...

but ... the rate at the bank exchange next to McDonald's was - AU$100 = 2948 baht ... that's more like it ... (they're open mon-fri to 4pm).

Current KL weather:

Wet, foggy (and slippery) coming over the mountain into KL at midnight last night.

This morning - clear sky - temp 28 to 33 degs,

Midday - overcast and hot.

Afternoon - still overcast and very hot - make sure to slip/slop/slap (sunscreen that is!).

Staying at the Sensimar ... great so far ... will review in due course.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

Exchanges and ATMs at Phuket (and Bangkok airports) give less than outside the airport - see FAQ on right CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES & CURRENCY Options.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

Agreed Alan ... didn't mean to suggest anyone should buy at the airport, just advising the current rate which in fact points out why they shouldn't be buying there. Surprisingly as I mentioned, the other exchanges I checked in KL this morning were not far removed from the a/p rate (at the time I checked them).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

I agree with you agreeing with me.;-) Just emphasising that rates at airports tend to be lower than outside but because of frequent changes up and down the difference might have changed the next day. It took one TA member with a friend to check simultaneous exchanges at the same bank at the airport with a branch elsewhere to prove that there was in fact a difference.

4. Re: Update On Weather And AUD Currency Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak