We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
113 posts
303 reviews
Itinerary

We're taking an 8 night family trip with my two teenagers (17&19) at the end of November. We're an active family. We loved Northern Thailand. I'm planning on 4 nights at Khao Sok - hiking, canoeing, night safari... Is that too long?

Where should we go next? My kids don't like lying on the beach. The places with snorkeling don't have too much else to offer and I'm afraid they'll be board. I don't want to drive for long distances. Any ideas?

I really appreciate your in put!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary

Khao Lak is essentially a beach destination and a base for various tours. You are already doing Khao Sok and presumably Cheow Lan Lake for which 4 days will be fine and you are discounting the Similans, Surins and Koh Tachai which are beautiful locations as well as snorkelling and probably the most popular tours. Have a look at the Top Question FAQs on the right for Things to Do and this recent topic with links to albums of our particular favourites tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Do the teens like fishing? A trip fishing from a longtail boat from the beach at Bang Niang is a rewarding one as you can usually find a local restaurant to cook the catch.

2. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak