We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao lak hotel choices

Alaska
Level Contributor
37 posts
202 reviews
khao lak hotel choices

My husband and I are trying to decide between 4 hotels We have 5 nights. We love a beautiful beach, (and pool) and being able to take long walks on the beach. Also it is nice to be able to walk to different eateries and the town.

We would stay in one hotel for 3 nights that has more going on and one hotel for 2 nights that was quieter. Our choices are between Ramada, JW Marriott, Beyond Resort KhaoLak, and Chongfah Beach Resort. I really appreciate any and all suggestions!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: khao lak hotel choices

For 3 nights within easy walking distance of restaurants and bars both on, overlooking and near the beach, either the Ramada or the Chong Fah but Ramada has best beach location. For quietest location, the Beyond is on the best of Khao Lak's beaches and has beach restaurants nearby that will be open assuming you are thinking of going in High Season, between November and April. If in Low Season (rest of the year) the JWM is also on a beautiful beach and will have restaurants open nearby.

Alaska
Level Contributor
37 posts
202 reviews
2. Re: khao lak hotel choices

Thank you so much for your quick reply! What if we put la meridian hotel in the mix? I understand it is next to beyond resort? So hard to choose, do you have a couple favorites of the 5?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: khao lak hotel choices

It was Le M where we spent our first two vacations in Khao Lak and cemented our love for Khao Lak and we return there every year during our 5 month stay even if only to walk the beautiful beach, visiting our friends at the nearby Rim Lay restaurant. It is about to change management in January transferring from Starwood to the Antara Group, one of the most prestigious in Thailand so is very definitely an option to the Beyond. I think the grounds of Le M are second to none in Khao Lak.

We rate both the Ramada and the Chong Fah very highly as obviously do those guests who made the Ramada the most popular in KhaoLak for the last 2 years and those who return to the Chong Fah repeatedly. They are quite different, the Ramada being bigger with more accommodation types and facilities with excellent beach frontage. The Chong Fah is a small boutique resort with fewer facilities and excellent beachfront bungalows but its position set up overlooking the ocean on a 2-3 metre high retaining wall to protect against the high tides, whilst being our favourite place to have cocktails at sunset , is not ideal for those who love the beach. Both are ideally placed for surrounding restaurants and bars, the Chong Fah having a very good and more reasonably priced restaurant of its own than the Ramada.

Decisions, decisions!

australia
11 posts
4. Re: khao lak hotel choices

I'm currently staying at La Flora which is sandwiched between Ramada and Mukdara, all front the beach in a good position for local restaurants and massages. I have noticed that a lot of the people staying in the resorts are German or Scandinavian which is pleasant. Yesterday I walked around the grounds of Ramada and Mukdara and if I was returning to holiday here I would choose the Mukdara. The LaFlora and Ramada grounds and pools are lovely but the Mukdara grounds were of a much better standard and quality, a lot more space, peacefu and quite beautiful.I looked at the prices of the Mukdara and was amazed to find it was cheaper than where we are staying. To be honest the Ramada didn't seem to be of the same standard it looked a little over crowded for the size of the pool.

5. Re: khao lak hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak