We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

Beersheba, Israel
Level Contributor
240 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

After three nights in Bangkok and a further 8 nights in Northern Thailand, we'll be spending 7 nights in Khao Lak (Nang Thong Bay Resort-10th to 17th Nov.) We have two nights to "spare" after Khao Lak, before our flight from Phuket to Bangkok on the 19th November.

Should we spend these two nights in Khao Lak or have two nights in Phuket? Or any other suggestions...

We'd prefer not to be more than two hours drive from the airport. We're 60 year olds and are not interested in Patong and Pataya.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

Although it is just over an hour from the NTBR to Phuket Airport, if you really fancy a change of scene and be nearer still, Nai Yang Beach is a lovely small beach area less than 10 minutes from Phuket Airport. You could research some resorts there but only book from when you are in Khao Lak. Personally I would stay in Khao Lak but I'm prejudiced! :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

I agree with Arandora, Nai Yang beach is lovely but so in Khao Lak. Moving from hotel to hotel can get a little boring! but if you do want to move around i would suggest Indigo Pearl at Nai Yang beach, it has rooms varying from budget(ish) to luxury pool villas. It is a MASSIVE resort but nice to wonder around and have some great scenery.

Khao Lak is a little more relaxing and for 2 extra days why not stay longer :)

Kind Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com/

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

Another vote for Indigo Pearl at Nai Yang, a peaceful shady little beach village, great beach restaurants and massage places, and a stunning resort too.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

The Dewa Resort is at the other end of the beach from the Indigo Pearl and is more affordable. See pics from February in this album https:/…

Edited: 05 October 2013, 13:53
Beersheba, Israel
Level Contributor
240 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Checking out Nai Yang.

Beersheba, Israel
Level Contributor
240 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

I think we'll remain in Khao Lak (if we like it).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

You will not like it. You will LOVE it!!! :-)

8. Re: 2 nights near Khao Lak and Phuket And

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations