We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel/resort for day trip to Khao Sok?

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
617 posts
220 reviews
Best hotel/resort for day trip to Khao Sok?

We will be in Khao Lak in February. We have made reservations at La Flora for the two nights prior to a trip on the MV Oktavia liveaboard and had planned to drive up to Khao Sok immediately upon our return. Now we are reconsidering because we are thinking that we might be packing too much into the time we have and are thinking we might stay in Khao Lak upon return and leave theday trip to Khao Sok optional. Staying in KL would give us the options. We only have two nights, unfortunately, and might just want to just chill after the liveaboard instead. What do you think of that plan and, if good, where should we stay given that we might be going to Khao Sok for a day trip? Is staying north toward the turn in the road towards Khao Sok a good idea? I checked La Flora but the prices are much higher than when I booked, so we are looking for somewhere similar (smaller, well-regarded place with swimming pool and very clean) but a little less expensive (now almost $250 USD/night). Thanks a lot for your help--sort of a convoluted question, but I hope you can help me anyway!

Sally in Seattle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Best hotel/resort for day trip to Khao Sok?

If you mean "north toward the turn in the road towards Khao Sok a good idea?" is where Highway 4 continues to Ranong and you continue on the 401 north of Takua Pa to Khao Sok, then there are no resorts near there. That is about the half way mark from Khao Lak, so you are "betwixt and between" the two locations. For the sake of half an hour IMO it's not worth it. Better to stay in Khao Lak or overnight in Khao Sok.

2. Re: Best hotel/resort for day trip to Khao Sok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak