We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak villa - help please!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Khao Lak villa - help please!

Hi there

I found what looks like a lovely villa in Khao Lak by doing a google search but the owner requires payment in full 90 days before we go. How do I know that it is legitimate? There are no reviews on Trip Advisor (the owner says because it has only been available for rent for a few months) and the booking is not through an agency.

The villa is called Baan Nam Chok and is on Pak Weep beach. The website is: www.similanvilla.com. Any ideas as to how I can be sure this isn't a scam?

Thanks!

Jules

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak villa - help please!

Hi Jules,

I can assure you that this is not a scam. The person with whom you will be corresponding on behalf of the owner is the manager at one of Khao Lak's top hotels and a personal friend. I know the property well, having stayed in another house just down the beach and with the kind permission of the owner used his internet connection in his study at the Baan Nam Chok. As you have been told it is only recently that the owner has started to rent this wonderful property with amazing infinity pool looking out over the most beautiful beach in Khao Lak. See www.similanvilla.com/en/Baan-Nam-Chok-Villa/

Sorry, I don't have pics from inside the villa but these are ours of the house we rented and the immediate beach area https:/…

I hope this reassures you.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak villa - help please!

Hi Arandora:

Thank you so much! I feel so much better now and am really excited about our holiday.

Jules

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak villa - help please!

I am sure you will love it.

Just be aware though that there are no shops in the immediate vicinity and none within walking distance and the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On are 20 - 25 minutes away by taxi. If you turn left on the beach you will come in about 200 metres to a stretch known as White Sand Beach, where there are three restaurants, which you can see in my photos. Although this is very busy during the day with day trippers, so there are usually song thaews (trucks with covered backs which are most popular taxis) to take you into town. In the centre restaurant Mr.Nung will organise a taxi for you at any time.From about 3pm onwards the beach starts to empty making this a beautiful place for a sunset dinner, when after dark on a clear night you have fire flies flitting about above your head and fishing boat lights twinkling on the horizon. Magical!

Past White Sand Beach and the Sarojin and Kantary Resorts in about 400 metres you will come to our favourite beach restaurant in terms of location, called the Boatyard. Another great place for lunch but especially dinner. This part is called Coconut Beach and you will soon see why when you go there. :-)

4. Re: Khao Lak villa - help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak