We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

Hi,

I was wondering if you could please give me a little advice. I will be visiting Khoa Lak in March 2014 with my parents & partner. This will be the first time we have visited & have been attracted to the Palm Gardens Resort for its locale, reasonable price & size.

The thing I am unsure of is that, in previous reviews, people have mentioned a dive centre being affiliated with the resort. I am worried about is the resorts pool constantly bring used for scuba lessons & not being able to be used by guests.

If you have stayed at Palm Gardens Resort to you please advise me of your experience?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

The Palm Garden Resort is owned and operated by Sea Bees Diving, one of the longest established Dive Centres in Khao Lak. It is very popular with and marketed specifically with the dive fraternity and as it says on its website "Each bungalow is comfortably furnished with air conditioning, TV, minibar, safe, charging station, ensuite bathroom with hot water shower and specifically designed for the needs of divers." Diving courses take place in the pool but there should be plenty of opportunity for non-divers to use it as many dive guests will be experienced and out diving at sea.

In terms of location, the resort is about 500 metres up a road on the mountain side of the highway that runs through Khao Lak. There is a small shop and laundry near the highway but otherwise you are about half way between the two main townships of Bang La On, 10 minutes by taxi to the south or Bang Niang to the north. There are local bars and restaurants on the highway (which has no footpaths, so pedestrians need to take care if they walk along it) but it is about 1.5km to the nearest beach.

Although it is a nice resort, to be honest, there ones as nice and better located for non-divers. If you advise of your daily budget and type of facilities, preferable location, you will receive some alternative suggestions I'm sure. For instance, have a look at the Cousin Resort in Bang Niang, where we stay every year for several months at http://www.cousinresort.com/ if bungalow accommodation appeals to you.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

Thank you so much for your Valued advise. The Cousin Resort looks great & idyllic. I would be really greatful of any other recommendations. My preferences would be as follows-

A smaller resort (50- 60 rooms)

Preferably beach front with pool

$90 max per room per night (has been difficult to find so far as need to stay 25/03- 01/04

I really do appreciate any suggestions that people could give

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

we have booked a seaview bungalow at the lah own resort,

the reviews are fantastic,

we have however not been there as yet,

but the price seems about right and it is beach front and has a pool also.

i don't think it has that many rooms either.

regards

angela

Edited: 17 September 2013, 13:17
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

Is that $90 US or $90 AUD? Have a look at Booking.com. Put your date and currency in and have a look at the results that come within your budget and then post back for more information. However, whether US$ or AUD$ you will see that most accommodation coming within your budget is, like Cousin, the smaller locally owned type, some with their own pool, but none beachfront as that comes at a premium.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

If you can get the La-Own within your budget, I would look no further and book it.

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

lah own resort,

prices for a standard room are 2350 thb, with a 5% reduction if you pay in cash a week in arrears, so no deposit upfront is required. i do believe that this is slightly more than, not sure but this should be well within the budget.

best wishes

angela

7. Re: Palm Gardens Resort- Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations