We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for our honeymoon

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for our honeymoon

Hi everyone,

I know this question gets asked frequently so apologies.

My fiance and I are going to Khao Lak for part of our honeymoon for 3 nights in November this year. We were hoping to stay at the Ramada as we had read about it's location etc and thought it sounded really good. Unfortunately, the very nights we will be there the Ramada has sold out! I have contacted them and asked that they get in touch if they have any cancellations and they have agreed which is great.

We are hoping to look at another choice in case the Ramada does not pull through. We are hoping for a 4 or 5 star place and it absolutely has to be in walking distance to the main strip of restaurants etc. Can anyone please help us out with any recommendations that fit our criteria?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for our honeymoon

Hi Lauren,

I am very surprised that Ramada is fully booked in November. Perhaps your nights they have a group booking. In Bang Bang you may get a good price on the 5* Casa de la Flora which is just up and overlooking the beach. This is usually very expensive as they are all individual villas with pools but they do some great offers at times. You could try the 4* La Flora next door to the Ramada in a pool access or beachfront villa.

In Bang La On, have a look at the 4* Sands, 4* Sensimar (Adult Only). Both easy walking to restaurants, bars and shops.

Mentioned in this post
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
572 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for our honeymoon

Dear Arandora,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely check out the places you have mentioned. I couldn't believe that the Ramada was booked out either! I was so disappointed as I had been meaning to book for days and when I finally got online they were having problems with their website (it was saying that they were fully booked out until October 2014...!) I alerted them to this and they then told me that they were booked out for the 3 day period that I was hoping to stay! I was kicking myself for not booking sooner as it is our honeymoon and we really wanted to stay there. Nevermind, they have kindly said they will contact me if a room becomes available. Thanks again for your suggestions.

3. Re: Where to stay for our honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 13:35
4. Re: Where to stay for our honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 09:47