We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Jellyblush
Level Contributor
62 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Hi there, I am considering having several suits made by Raj at Cashmere Suit. He's down a little laneway just near the McDonalds. He was very friends and professional, didn't rush me at all, but I am hoping to find someone else has some feedback.

Also interested in feedback on other Khao Lak tailors.

Thanks!

JG

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

The most regularly recommended tailor in Khao Lak is the long established Monty the Tailor. He has two shops in Bang La On, the main one being in the Khao Lak Grand Plaza building, on the left at the end of the dual carriageway, the other just up from that opposite the Viking Steakhouse.

Others hopefully will add to this.

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

I purchased 3 suits from montys on my trip in 2011 - quality has been excellent. You might find a bit cheaper elsewhere but in my view I don't think you will better the quality. Visiting KL again for a 3rd time in November (can't wait!) plan to buy again!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Just returned from Khao Lak. The wife had a formal dress made, three frocks, a jacket and a top whilst I had two pair of trousers tailored at Montys. Top quality workmanship and reasonable prices. Also a good choice of fabrics and colours.

Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Had a suit and a dress made at Monty's and were very pleased with workmanship and service. Can highly recommend his shop.

South Australia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Have had a wonderful experience with Peter Tailors bangniang Beach, Khao Lak. Lovely friendly people, very quick service and great quality and choice of materials & colours. Could not recommend highly enough!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

hi

Whats the cost on an average.

Regards

ajay

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

i was also wondering,

do you need to haggle with the tailor

and if so how much are you looking to have reduced from the inital offered price.

thx

angela

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Contrary to other goods or services it is not expected that you should haggle over prices quoted by tailors. You can always ask for "best price" but the profit margin on the independent tailors is small whereas on the "chain" tailors who employ sales assistants as opposed to tailors it is higher.

When considering having clothes made to measure anywhere other than at home I believe you should consider how much you are prepared to pay compared to at home and what you consider is value for money. It is different haggling for ready made goods in a shop or at a market than at a tailors. If you haggle over the initial price it is likely that the reduction in price will be reflected in the finished article.

canterbury
Level Contributor
773 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

this comes as quite relief, as i'm rubbish at haggling,

i guess it doesn't come naturally to some of us

and i'd rather pay a little more and get the feeling that i pay a fair price,

however i'd hate to be ripped of and will haggle if the need arises

great to know and thanks for letting me know.

regards

angela

Leutenbach
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao Lak Tailors - any feedback?

Hi there.

I've recently been in Khao Lak and had a suit and three shirts made at "The Best". The shop is located on the Nang Thong Road, down Nang Thong supermarket. Those guys speak pretty good german and when I saw the first results, I had to order two more shirts! :-)

The suit is made of 150s Cashmere Whool. The shirts are 80% China Silk and 20% Cotton.

I really felt in good hands there. Very thrustworthy, good service, and a high quality, which I would never have thought possible.

And after some negotiation, I got a very good price for the whole set. ;-)

I can really recommend those guys to you.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations