We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

Can anyone give me some inside info on this hotel...Best local restaurants, do & don'ts...prices etc..anything would be appreciated

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

The Bangsak Village Resort is a lovely bungalow resort located on a fairly secluded part of Bang Sak Beach which is the most northern of Khao Lak's beaches. There are no beach restaurants in the immediate vicinity though but if you walk to the left about 400 metres and cross the creek you are on Pak Weeb Beach where there is a row of beach restaurants. To your right along the beach probably about 600 metres is Bang Sak Promenade where there is a handful of local restaurants where you an dine overlooking the beach. Great at sunset. There are no shops or bars in the immediate vicinity. For those and the widest selection of restaurants, bars and shops it is a shuttle or taxi ride of 20 - 25 minutes into the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On.

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

Thanx Arandora.. The shuttle/taxi to Bang Niang ...is this the 300 Baht tax ride / 140 baht shuttle per person I've been reading about ... I thought it was a taxi to Khao Lak but I guess Khao Lak is just a long stretch of small resorts & settlments? Can you recommend any restaurants in particular that are closish to Bangsak?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

Whilst Khao Lak is the general name given to the resort area, the main township of Bang La On where most restaurants, bars and shops are located is often referred to, especially among locals and taxi drivers, as Khao Lak Town or just Khao Lak. So the 300 baht taxi/140 baht taxi fare you mention wil probably refer to the trip to Bang La On.

We go to the stretch of Pak Weeb beach across the creek that I referred to in my earlier post perhaps 2-3 times a week during our 5 months in Khao Lak staying all day, including lunch, and sometimes going just for dinner at Ma Ma and Mr.Lek's Restaurant. - great authentic Thai kitchen and very reasonable prices. If you go for dinner Mr.Lek will probably provide transport home. Sabai Sabai nearby is also very good and has live music most nights. The restaurants on Bang Sak Promenade are also pretty good. For recommendations in Bang La On and Bang Niang, have a look at the Top Question FAQs on the right.

4. Re: Bangsak Village Hotel near Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak