We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

We are interested in completing a cooking class while staying at JW Marriott Khao Lak in late October. Is anyone able to provide feedback on any classes in Khao Lak. We have heard of Ann's, Everyday 2 and the Ramada but not sure which is best. Also, should we book prior to departure or wait until we arrive ? Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

The cooking classes away from the main resorts are pretty similar in format and there are a number of them advertised in local restaurants. This is how the one we attended at Everyday before it relocated and became Everyday 2 but under same ownership of the excellent Goy and her sister goes. Meet at Everyday about 9am; discuss and confirm what you want to cook; go to daily Bang Niang market (near Khuk Khak Bus Station); instructor describes ingredients and helps you select those you need; return to kitchen; take tuition; eat your finished product for lunch.

I say "we" but my role was chauffeur to and from the market (this is usually arranged if you don't have your own transport); offered encouragement and "supervised" some of the cooking class and, forever the dutiful husband, left when told to get out of the way; tasted the beer to accompany the finished product which, of course, I equally dutifully helped to consume; complimented the trainee chef and her very talented tutor.

No need to book before you arrive. If you decide to go to a local restaurant think about going for a meal there first and booking the course if you enjoy it.

Also if you want to see some authentic Thai street food being cooked and try and buy samples, go to the Takua Pa Old Town Walking Street Market on a Sunday afternoon. See tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… Local taxis will take you there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Great information - thanks Arandora!

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Hey Arandora,

Is the takuapa walking street market opened through August?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Unfortunately no. Previous information said it reopens in November but I thought it was mid to late October.

London, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Hi

Any ideas how to contact Goy @ Everyday, I tried by email yesterday and tried calling tonight?

Also, struggling to find the restaurant - any pointers?

(In KL at the moment)

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

Hello, We ended up having a fantastic cooking class with another lady called Ann. We went on a market tour, purchased our ingredients, tried various delicious snacks and cooked some great dishes. Her email is

annkhaolak@gmail.com and highly recommend her.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

JP01

You can't really miss Everyday. It is the last restaurant on your left in Bang La On opposite the Sensimar Resort before you go over the mountain, the first on your right when you come over the mountain. If you are trying to contact her by her mobile (0813972802) best time would be early afternnon when she and staff are preparing for dinner customers.

8. Re: Khao Lak Cooking Class October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak