We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for Dresses

warwickshire
Level Contributor
487 posts
34 reviews
Shopping for Dresses

It looks like I have left my holiday clothes shopping too late. I have been laid up and house bound for the last couple of months and now that I can do a bit of walking the sales have been on and there's not much around in my size that I like!! What I want is long floating cotton dresses. I don't like to order clothes on line. So will I be ok to leave it till I get to KL and get a good choice off the peg ( I like to see what I look like before buying) or will it be just sarongs and lots of elephant prints and the usual Thai prints? Or another option is Heathrow airport. Anyone noticed if the clothes shops stock summer dresses all year round?

I did say I would go with an empty suitcase BUT I'd like SOMETHING in my case!!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Shopping for Dresses

There is not a large selection of individual clothes shops in KL, mainly the market type things that you've mentioned. There are though a couple of nice shops in the plaza across the road and to the left of the Nang Thong Supermarket, opposite the Kasikorn Bank. You could also book a shopping trip to Phuket with Boss cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com where there is far more choice, either at Jung ceylon in Patong, Central Festival on the main highway between Phuket Town, the airport and the beaches and the Premium Outlet Mall further back along the Airport By Pass road from there.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
487 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Shopping for Dresses

Thanks Arandora. I think I will have keep hunting.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Shopping for Dresses

I am not sure what size you are but I found the clothes to be quite small. So if you are a 14 or under you should be okay but over that, you might struggle for choice.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
487 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Shopping for Dresses

Thank you Steph. Unless I can lose the weight I keep saying I will lose for this holiday then that's me done for!! I did manage to get a couple of dresses yesterday so I'm not so much in a panic now.

5. Re: Shopping for Dresses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak