We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Community of...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

I know, I'm probably dreaming but looking for a quiet, clean, small inn or hotel preferably on the beach or within a short walking distance for a week in November. When looking at hotels on tripadvisor or agoda, etc., it's very hard to tell if they are easy walking distance to town (say 20 minutes or so). Thanks for any suggestions, recommendations, etc.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Have a look at this link to a comprehensive list of accommodation in Khao Lak by area www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

$100 is approximately 3100 baht per night so gives you plenty of options but not necessarily direct beachfront which are always premium rates.

* On Nang Thong Beach (the beach just down from the main township of Bang la On where most restaurants, bars and shops are found) have a look at Walkers Inn, Phu Khao Lak, Green Beach, Niang Thong Beach Resort, Nang Thong Bay Resort.

* On Bang Niang Beach ( next largest resort 10 minutes up the highway with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops and 3 days a week market), Cousin Resort (where we stay), Ladda Resort, Sanuk Resort.

Please ask for more info on any you fancy.

Community of...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Thanks again Arandora! You are very helpful. I will look at those.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
3. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Also check out the www.asiatravel.com and www.sawadee.com websites to see what's available for your dates and budget.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Hi Lily

forget asiatravel its useless and expensive

once you have narrowed down your preferred places do a search on hotelscombined.com

it should have a lot of them, and ask back as many TA visitors, will be more than happy to help

Community of...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

You guys are great! I'm quite fussy about hotels and not like some people who don't worry about it because they only sleep there. I find the hotel that you're in can make or break a nice holiday so I'm always looking for cheap and charming places. Thanks again for this info.

Kind regards, Lily

Community of...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

Just wanted to say that I've booked the Cousins Resort re good reviews, good location, and good price, thanks to Arandora. Will be there in Nov 2013. Thanks everyone!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

We will be there from 29th November. See you there?

Community of...
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
8. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

We will be there on Nov 29th but then leaving Nov 30th. We arrive Nov 22nd. See you there briefly!

9. Re: Hotels under $100. on beach close to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 11:48