We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak?????

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Khao lak?????

Hi all. My husband and I are planning a trip back to thailand in 2014 for the water festival. We have been to Thailand 4 times now and want to experience a different area. We have visited Bangkok, Phuket, and koh samui. We would love to visit Khao Lak but have no idea where to stay or which resorts would suit us. (Help!) when in Phuket we stay in the midst of patong and love the ban Thai or the holiday inn. I would love to know how khao lak compares to patong and koh samui and which resorts would suit a couple or group of couples wanting to be close to bars markets and restaurants. Any tips would be appreciated.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Khao lak?????

hi,compared to patong it is the complete opposite.there is shopping bars and restaurants but not on the scale of patong.it is a lot more low key more like surin/kamala areas on Phuket.the main area being nong thong beach in bang la on where most of everything is the next largest area is bang niang then you are looking at semi isolated areas where you will need transport/shuttle bus into the 2 areas mentioned.

maybe somewhere like the ramada or la flora would suit you both being beach front in bang niang.

2. Re: Khao lak?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 10:47