We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
654 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

I know that a lot of the beach restaurants are relocating but wondered if (traditionally) the Mukdara usually has Beach Restaurants set up close to it's beach frontage ?

How about the general location of the Mukdara ? Is it a good base to explore the rest of the town ?

I like the look of this resort.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

Mike,

Not many people on this forum appear to ever mention the Mukdara amongst the hotel recommendations and I am not sure why really. We have stayed at the hotel on three separate occasions, the last time was 3 years ago, though we did take a walk through the gardens last December to see whether there were any changes and it all appeared the same. The villas in the gardens are Thai style and very beautiful, as are the extensive well established tropical gardens. There are two swimming pools, one very large one set back in the grounds away from the beach with its own sun bathing area and another beach front pool. They have hotel style accommodation in addition to the villas but we never looked at those. Staff were friendly, especially the reception staff, and there is an extensive breakfast buffet commensurate with the standard of the hotel.

The hotel is located at the end of the Bang Niang beach road and right next door to La Flora. When we stayed the guests were mostly from Scandinavia and from Germany but we didn’t find it a problem and we even made friends with one German couple. Very easy to reach all of the bars and restaurant in Bang Niang and to walk in either direction on the beach to beach restaurants and bars, so if the ones in one direction close the chances are there will still be the ones (and more) in the other direction. The fruit lady who sells on the Bang Niang beach usually sits on the sand at the Mukdara/La Flora boundary.

Definitely a hotel worth considering if you can get a good rate.

Hope this helps the decision process. Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,142 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

As mentioned by previous poster the Mukdara is predominantly German and Scandinavian and marketed more in those countries. When we visited if for a look around we were impressed with the facilities and a friend took us into her garden bungalow which was lovely and very Thai. It is next door to the La Flora and next but one to the Ramada so shares the same great access to restaurants and bars both on the beach and roundabouts and not far from Bamg Niang Market.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,142 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
654 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

Thanks for the very helpful replies. The fact that there is a lack of Brits is actually a bonus in my eyes !

I love mixing with people from other countries when on holiday and my worst nightmare would be a Hotel full of Brits. I can get that in Greece.

4. Re: Is the Mukdara close to any Beach Restaurants ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak